JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just got a call to pick up my firearm. Got citizenship(green card holders have different set of queue i heard), No CHL, but put SSN, kinda unique first name.
I purchased it on 11/14. So about 15days.

I'm sure the total will hit 40000 by the 8th ( my 30k comment from earlier a typo. )
I wonder if it would be prudent for an attny to represent those stuck in limbo(or just outright denied) after the 8th? One more legal angle of attack?
I can't wait to see what fpc and nssf submit to the courts.
Hand them all out on the 3 day rule :eek:

It was surprising to me to hear that some people are delayed for years. And there is no resolution. The state police sometimes make no decisions. I spoke to an ffl that was advised if they transfer a firearm to someone without an approval. If it comes back months later as declined. The ffl is responsible for getting the gun back. Seems strange to me since state and federal law allows a transfer if there is no response within the legal time period.
That is false, the FFL is not responsible for getting the firearm back.

Last Edited:
I filed 4473 on 11/1. Was at 3000 in the queue for two weeks then up to 7000 and then approved three days later on 11/29. I have no idea how I went from 7000 to approved three days later, but there you go. No chl, still no word on my renewal even after a couple months since my application was filed.

I've almost always been instant approval in the past, but suddenly congress and 5 senate republicans decided I'm too young and dangerous to buy guns without an "enhanced background check", but still old enough to die in a foreign war.
Unfortunately, no FFL will release after 3 days to me as my bgc has to be called in to OSP. No way of knowing where I am in queue either.
Here's hoping for a miracle.

Filed 4473 on my CHL for purchase on 11/21 at BiMart, about 5600 or so in line. Stopped in to check about an hour ago, and the nice lady told me I'm now 126. They still have normal capacity Glock mags on the shelf, God bless em.

Not sure about OSP's procedures. But I think it's safe to say it's not strictly first come first served. Nice lady said non-CHL was about 33,000.

I bought a new M&P 45 today, with instant, from my favorite LGS and from what I gathered listening to banter is 28k+ (a woman checking in was above that number) non CHL, about 8k CHL. I wouldn't even try to buy at this point unless you're confident you'll get an instant

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top