JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know chrome lining can help with ease of cleaning, but I was wondering about nickel Teflon.

I was thinking it might be cool to dip an entire gun body in it, and I think it might look cool on the outside of a barrel, I'm just wondering how it might function on the inside of a barrel...

I'm wondering if it work like chrome or moly, where the Teflon would add lubrication and complement the corrosion resistance of nickel...

Again, I'm not sure what might happen, I'm just curious if anyone knows.
Regardless, I think I'm gonna dip my M44

Last Edited:
It's mere microns thick, like .0002-.0003", and it offers complete coverage, so..., I would argue that it could be mildly benificial when done to a well used firearm.

Isn't Teflon kind of a soft metal? I wonder how durable it would be and if its started to come off irregularly, it would probably play **** with your accuracy.

polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is a synthetic fluoropolymer of tetrafluoroethylene

UMM, no not a metal at all of any kind. Just plastic, Polytetrafluoroethylene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have a custom built Winchester p1917 with a Douglas airguage XX barrel on it chambered in .35 Whelen, the whole thin is coated in Teflon/ molly black-t style including the barrel.
Workes awesome.

Teflon coating on pots seems to chip off pretty easily. Is it done the same way on gun stuff? If so, I would think it is not an ideal material for lining the interior of a barrel, especially the chamber.

Teflon coating on pots seems to chip off pretty easily. Is it done the same way on gun stuff? If so, I would think it is not an ideal material for lining the interior of a barrel, especially the chamber.

No different polymer carrier is used in the application for firearms. Nothing like what you use on pots and pans. Mine is over 10 years old on the above listed rifle, with hundreds rounds through is and has been all over Alaska with no chips and no deterioration of the coating.

Nickel Teflon is the same as Robar Np3, they just give it their name.

It nickel it's bonded with is 40 Rockwell, which is pretty damn hard, and I've read that the teflon loses it's properties above 500 degrees, so I'm not sure how long it'd last in a barrel, but I'm going to find out ;)

I haven't used the nickel yet, only the moly, look forward to hearing how that comes out.

There are a number of places to have the moly done as well as your own kitchen. You can order from brownells. I did a 1911 not to long ago and plan on doing the cetme here pretty soon. Really easy to do, just need a big enough oven.

At some point in the near future i am working a building an over that will handle up to 3 long guns at a time and will to various spray and bakes such as this and cerakote.

I did the remains off a sawed off scrap barrel years ago, left it tied to a cable in the ocean surf outside ketchikan (about 1999) for a month. 30 days in and out of the salt water in June, no rust at all.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top