JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I've got a mint condition, all numbers matching Yugo 59/66 SKS up for sale. I bought it in new/unissued conditon and put all the elbow grease into diassembling and cleaning the cosmoline out of it. I also cleaned and sanded the stock and finished it with boiled linseed oil. My lousy cellphone camera pics dont do it justice. It comes with the sling, military-issue cleaning kit, and leather ammo pouches. I have around 100 rounds thru it, it is 100% reliable. I am asking $265 OBO, and I will need to see an ODL or CHL. Also, if you are a serious local buyer with cash I will let you come with me to my local gun club (CVSC in Dundee) at a convenient time for both of us (weekend) and you may test-fire the gun. I mainly want cash to fund another purchase but I would at least consider a decent trade offer. No lowball offers please, thanks.

Last Edited:
It was new and unissued until you sanded and refinished the stock. The number of potential buyers decreased by half by doing that.

Keith

I bought it to shoot, not to leave in a box all slimed up with Cosmoline. These guns are by no means rare and their value is more dependent upon overall condition and reliability. This one looks as good as new and it functions perfectly. I mentioned "new and unissued" simply to reflect the low round count. It was made in the late 70's, test-fired a few times at the factory, and stuck in a crate for 20 or 30 years. Its not a beater or a battlefield pickup, and it hasnt been modified; I merely steam cleaned the preservative out of the stock, sanded it smooth, and gave it a light coat of boiled linseed oil.

Isnt there some sort of rule against "thread-crapping" anyway? If you arent interested in the gun due to the stock having been cleaned up, why say anything at all?

I agree with you, soberups....I do not see why cleaning it up and making it more shootable would decrease the value.....It's an SKS for crying out loud.

My dad is looking to pick up an additional sks(to actually shoot)--I'll forward this link on to him.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.