JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well that's what our Police are turning into THUGS. They think they can do anything they want. And yes they can until you take them to court and show them they can't act that way. But how often does that happen. Who has the time or money to pursue it and they know it.

So, if you don't open up to let the police in when they're searching an area they assume you're guilty then procede to break in to your home.

Goldsberry wasn't arrested or shot despite pointing a gun at a cop, so Wiggins said, "She sure shouldn't be going to the press."
Sounds like he dislikes the First Amendment as much as the Fourth.

I certainly agree this behavior is reprehensible and unprofessional. There was a better and less confrontational manner in which to check for the bad guy. I wonder if there is a basis for a civil suit?

.... Anyone who says that the PacNW is a police-state hasn't spent much time in south Florida. A cop for every person under 40. When we visit we like to play a game to see how quickly we can spot a cop with someone pulled over... generally we don't make it more than a few miles beyond the airport. Seeing 15-20 cops/day (all in full tac-gear) is the norm. It was a scary place to be raised. Unfortunately I see this part of the world is following their lead. At TCGC this week, I saw some transit cops practicing at the action rifle range. They were doing CLOSE draws to targets at the far end of the range. I walked into the covered area to see what they were doing. Sitting (unattended) on the bench were a few SBR'd M4s with eotechs and laser designators. My friend and I both thought it was a bit of overkill as we watched 3 "Transit" cops in full tactical gear do their best to not pull a Tex Grebner downrange. As long as cops behave and dress like an occupying military force, they shouldn't be surprised when they are treated as such.

I used to live in Sarasota (where this occurred). Anyone who says that the PacNW is a police-state hasn't spent much time in south Florida. A cop for every person under 40. When we visit we like to play a game to see how quickly we can spot a cop with someone pulled over... generally we don't make it more than a few miles beyond the airport. Seeing 15-20 cops/day (all in full tac-gear) is the norm. It was a scary place to be raised. Unfortunately I see this part of the world is following their lead. At TCGC this week, I saw some transit cops practicing at the action rifle range. They were doing CLOSE draws to targets at the far end of the range. I walked into the covered area to see what they were doing. Sitting (unattended) on the bench were a few SBR'd M4s with eotechs and laser designators. My friend and I both thought it was a bit of overkill as we watched 3 "Transit" cops in full tactical gear do their best to not pull a Tex Grebner downrange. As long as cops behave and dress like an occupying military force, they shouldn't be surprised when they are treated as such.

Just clarifying- The "transit" cops are LEO from the metro area that will rotate into the "transit" position for several months to a year at a time. Some may be SWAT in their regular departments.

..."Wiggins said, "She sure shouldn't be going to the press."

What an arrogant piece of shyt.

This is the part that really got to me. My immediate question is "Why not?" Is Wiggins some super secret squirrel that has had his cover blown now, and will forever be a target? Even if he was, his actions demonstrate a complete misunderstanding of the 1st and 4th Amendment, as well as common sense. But, hey, he wants to go home at night....

Chief Wiggum: I'd like to help you ma'am, but, heh heh, I'm afraid there's no law against mailing threatening letters.

Marge: I'm pretty sure there is.

Chief Wiggum: Hah! The day I take cop lessons from Ma Kettle --

Lou: Hey, she's right, Chief.

Chief Wiggum: Well, shut my mouth. It's ALSO illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

The fact that they were "clearly the police" has nothing to do with violating more laws than 90% of those they arrest. I am absolutely disgusted by the "I have to go home at night" BS. Apparently, you or I don't need to go home. The other 300,000,000 of us need to throw out all rights and self-respect so that illegal thugs can "go home at night". I tell you what, just stay home and stop stealing our money and we will tae care of ourselves.

The reason this happens is because of mall ninja types that throw themselves on the ground for cops to show how compliant they are, because as we all know "Cops have a hard job". I wonder how much easier it would be if they weren't constantly standing on our throats. I used to have a hard job. Never once did I need to break someone's jaw or dislocate their shoulder and illegally search their home, car or person.

How many thousands of these things happen that we don't hear about? I hope people realize when they say "a few bad cops make the good ones look bad" that "bad cops" make up 95% of all of them. To anyone that wants to be a cop or wants to push their child in that direction: What is your motivation for wanting to suppress your fellow Americans and who do you think you are?

The police pointing a gun at someone through a window doesn't seem like proper procedure to me. If I was in their shoes, my first move would have been to grab the kids and a gun and barricade myself in and call 911. If they busted in, not sure what I would do, but that is not a good way to interact with the public. Would have made more sense to calmly walk to the door, knock and explain why they were there and could they have a look inside. They were looking for a rapist, not a terrorist or a mass murders, so a simple knock should have sufficed. Not only that, what right did they have to come in? The police can stand outside and say let us in all they want, but without a warrant it's tough beans for them.

Chief Wiggum: I'd like to help you ma'am, but, heh heh, I'm afraid there's no law against mailing threatening letters.

Marge: I'm pretty sure there is.

Chief Wiggum: Hah! The day I take cop lessons from Ma Kettle --

Lou: Hey, she's right, Chief.

Chief Wiggum: Well, shut my mouth. It's ALSO illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

7bSLe9w.gif

4th Amendment
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Unless....a cop is not sure who you are, what you might have on you or who might be with you. Then disregard all of your Constitutional Rights for the cops safety. He must go home at night.

It doesn't matter. There are not enough good guys/girls in LE and in government in general. Our once great republic, nation for freedoms and morality are so far from what I think the Founding Fathers envisioned it will never recover.

The state of America is far worse now then it was under King George I bet'cha.

Any anger should be aimed at the courts. The cops are just doing what the courts let them do. These actions are based on "probable cause", where the cops consider refusal to let them enter and inspect the house without a warrant to be proof that the occupants are doing something wrong. There is case law somewhere that allows them to do so. This case law is where it all went wrong and violated the 4th Amendment.

In the case mentioned in the OP, the cops are representing that they had a right to enter the apartment because they were in "hot pursuit" of the suspect. This is not true. They had a tip (a faulty tip) that the suspect was in the apartment building, but no information on which apartment. They had not seen the suspect, since he wasn't there (and probably never was there) so they had no credible information on which to base their demand to enter a specific apartment. Since we do not know if the cops had obtained a warrant to search for the suspect (it seems not) we can't say for certain that they were violating the 4th Amendment, but it seems likely no warrant was issued. Had one been issued, it was irresponsible that the judge signed it, since it would have to be too vague to meet the intent of the 4th Amendment. To properly evaluate this incident we need to know if a warrant was issued, by whom, and upon what documentation the decision was made. If a warrant was issued based on improper representations (lies) from the LE officials, then those who submitted the representations need to be held accountable.

A Constitution is defended first by the Judiciary. The Judiciary is chosen by the President with the approval of Congress. The Administrative and Legislative branches are elected, and your vote counts, since they choose the judges who "interpret" the law.

These sort of incidents will become more common and more outrageous unless the Judiciary stands up and limits them. Any judge presented with a search warrant has an obligation to determine the accuracy of the information on which the warrant is based and to err towards protecting the rights of the individual.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top