JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it was. Looked like this:
View attachment 508200

I've been reading that... I don't want to go there ;)

That's where I went.

Naaaaahh, been a year or so.

That, I do not know.

First thing to cross my mind! My GF makes killer chicken enchiladas. But the dish is small and they'd have to be in a larger dish. Then they'd give something back... I could end up perpetuating the "gift war".

I ordered some Chinese candy offa Amazon and looked up how to say and write Thank You in Mandarin (seemed like a safe bet). What I've read today said a lot of the same things you guys have said, all good advice. Also read that gifts should be family-centric in a case like this so I went with a relatively safe, innocuous gift. At least the kids will like it.

Xing xing, amigos.

Gracious caution my friend. What if they are Cantonese?...or Mung...or...Uigar...or...etc

Mochi are pretty tasty, take getting used to.

Clean the plate, bring over some of your GF's killer enchiladas...in a tinfoil pan. Not a ton, just enough.

Good on ya for giving it all some thought too!

Tea for the parents but not just Lipton tea get the good stuff my niece went to Japan as a sister city thing a year ago or more she took some boxes of different kinds of tea to the parents of the girl she was staying with they loved it .There are some kinds of tea they can't get over there .well that don't matter here but tea is a big part of some Asian customs.and as for the candy .what they consider candy is really weird.my ex Used to eat this Japanese candy made from dried prunes or something it was awful so sour i couldn't eat one

By the way you know there is a app for your phone that can translate for you all you need to know is if they are Japanese or Korean or whatever

Wonderful wonderful effort! You are a good neighbor indeed!

You did well. Most Asian cultures gift and enjoy receiving food. Asian viewpoint: Food is love, food is nurturing, food is sharing the pride of the individual region they represent.

Good on you Sir!

I brought some organic honeycrisp apples home (I drive for an organic produce company) and I have the Chinese candy on the way. Point taken about odd numbers w the fruit... numerology runs strong in some cultures so I'll be sensitive to that.

I think these folks are "American-ized" enough to appreciate the gesture even if I get some details wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top