JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my wife and I have talked about how nice it would be to own a small getaway cabin one day.
So I've been thinking about it lately and thinking of buying a piece of land first and then building the cabin or getting an RV, or a tiny house (yea yeah I know how stupid it may sound but they're actually nice, functional and affordable). Sister is an architect so I'd save some money going for the build.
Now the question is where to buy the land? There's so many areas in Washington that I'm not sure where to start. Woodsy area, near a river, creek or lake would be preferable for the kiddos to have fun (we have a 1yr old now).

where do you recommend?

I haven't looked since before COVID, but I had the same dream and there used to be reasonably sized and priced plots out on the peninsula and up Stevens Pass. I just used Zillow to search for Lots/Land and used the map feature to find places near water and woods

There are various auction companies that sell land that was foreclosed upon, so you may want to check them out. A buddy bought a nice piece of hunting land down by K Falls that way.

I think it is an excellent idea. The dollar will fail and assets will be the real wealth. Land probably the best asset of all.
Thanks ! Yes indeed I was shocked of how much land you can get for ~$50k or less in eastern or southern WA. Now of course I need to consider access to water and power but still

Thanks ! Yes indeed I was shocked of how much land you can get for ~$50k or less in eastern or southern WA. Now of course I need to consider access to water and power but still

Consider solar, hydro, and wind power and look into a good rain water collection/filtration system. I'd bet the prepper's subforum has some good resources

If it were me I'd look at alternative power sources as mentioned already.
Depending on how crazy the world gets you may want to put some thought towards the idea of making sure its comfortable enough for a main residence.

I am on the search myself. Using the website landwatch. We are definitely in some strange times. Any finds or suggestions?
Never heard of that website I'll have to check it out. Been looking in Zillow in the Leavenworth and Wenatchee areas. My wife loves Leavenworth and figured it would be nice to be somewhat close to town. Have found some spots in the peninsula too, around Union, Shelton, Port Townsend and Sequim though that's going to be a long drive from our home in lake Stevens.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top