JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$225
Manufacturer
Hi-Point
Caliber
9mm
City
Vancouver
State
Oregon
I purchased this last year after reading a bunch of reviews about how reliable these little carbines are. After bringing it home and admiring the space age look, I put a Tapco Intrafuse Vertical Grip on it (which I thought made it look even cooler), wiped it down and it went into the safe where it still sits in its box.

It's never been fired.

I need to sell a few things to fund an AR build.

I'd like to get $225.00.

HP.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Good price, one rub here in WA will be the new law. May want to check and see if some shop local to you will do the transfer and let you walk with the cash while they hold the gun for the buyer. Sporting Systems is a supporter here and is in your area. If you find this out first may make it easier when you find a buyer. Then you can lay out to them how it will work before you both waste time and get frustrated. GLWS

Good price, one rub here in WA will be the new law. May want to check and see if some shop local to you will do the transfer and let you walk with the cash while they hold the gun for the buyer. Sporting Systems is a supporter here and is in your area. If you find this out first may make it easier when you find a buyer. Then you can lay out to them how it will work before you both waste time and get frustrated. GLWS

Yeah, the new Washington law is an annoyance. I already have a place lined up. $35.00 for the transfer at a place near the junction of I-205 and Mill Plain.

Yeah, the new Washington law is an annoyance. I already have a place lined up. $35.00 for the transfer at a place near the junction of I-205 and Mill Plain.
Great, did you ask them if they would take the rifle and hold it for the buyer while you walk with the cash? That has been the one rub ever since WA started the all sales have to go through a dealer. Even with the instant check sometimes it was anything but instant. When I made a couple sales one got delayed, the FFL sent us both on our way to try later. Some Dealers (FFL's) have said they will take the gun let the seller walk with the cash, then it's up to the buyer to get through the background check. So since there is now a min 10 day wait that is what I meant. Make sure the dealer is going to take the gun, let you walk with your cash, then hold the gun for the buyer.
Be wise to mention this to anyone who wants to buy too. Since this law went in many gun owners are just now fining out about this. You may well end up with a potential buyer who has no clue he needs to have a certificate showing he took the approved class to own this gun, and that they have a 10 day wait minimum. Make sure someone does not think they can just walk in, pay you, and leave with the gun.

Great, did you ask them if they would take the rifle and hold it for the buyer while you walk with the cash? That has been the one rub ever since WA started the all sales have to go through a dealer. Even with the instant check sometimes it was anything but instant. When I made a couple sales one got delayed, the FFL sent us both on our way to try later. Some Dealers (FFL's) have said they will take the gun let the seller walk with the cash, then it's up to the buyer to get through the background check. So since there is now a min 10 day wait that is what I meant. Make sure the dealer is going to take the gun, let you walk with your cash, then hold the gun for the buyer.
Be wise to mention this to anyone who wants to buy too. Since this law went in many gun owners are just now fining out about this. You may well end up with a potential buyer who has no clue he needs to have a certificate showing he took the approved class to own this gun, and that they have a 10 day wait minimum. Make sure someone does not think they can just walk in, pay you, and leave with the gun.

I'm not sure I'm following you when you say that some dealers let the seller walk with the cash. The sale goes through an FFL but the money is paid directly to the seller by the purchaser. What role does an FFL have in giving the seller permission to keep the cash (letting him walk with the cash) while the rifle is being held for the purchaser?

I know about the new law and rest assured, a purchaser will understand it too before any money changes hands.

If you want to discuss the new state law and procedure further, please send me a private message so we don't keep adding messsages to this thread about things not related to the specific gun featured in this ad.

I'm not sure I'm following you when you say that some dealers let the seller walk with the cash. The sale goes through an FFL but the money is paid directly to the seller by the purchaser. What role does an FFL have in giving the seller permission to keep the cash (letting him walk with the cash) while the rifle is being held for the purchaser?

I know about the new law and rest assured, a purchaser will understand it too before any money changes hands.

If you want to discuss the new state law and procedure further, please send me a private message so we don't keep adding messsages to this thread about things not related to the specific gun featured in this ad.

Until this stupid new law long guns like yours the buyer was run, if they cleared the sale was a go. One I tried the buyer got a delayed, so the shop sent us on our way. Now some dealers will take the gun, let the seller take his cash, then let the buyer deal with passing the check.
So now there is no instant. The shop may run the buyer and tell you both to come back when the buyer has the OK since the FFL owner is transferring the gun to the buyer. The shop does not have to do this. If you are ok with having to make two trips to the dealer with the gun, one for the buyer to see it and decide he wants it, then again when the shop calls and says the sale can go through, then will not matter. Some dealers said if the buyer likes it, they would start the process and the seller could take his money and go. This just makes it a double hassle for both since you both have to show up there twice. Where as if the shop is willing to take the gun in while waiting, then you would only have to show up one time, take your money and be on your way.
Many gun owners have no clue this new law went in and they paid no attention. Just make sure the buyer knows he can no longer just walk in and buy the gun now. Since it's now an Assault Rifle in this state buyer has to pass a class to own one and the wait time both. Believe me, many gun owners only find out about this the first time they try to buy sadly.

Alexx1401,

Did you not see that I wrote "If you want to discuss the new state law and procedure further, please send me a private message so we don't keep adding messsages to this thread about things not related to the specific gun featured in this ad."?

I understand the new law very well. I've been an attorney and gun rights activist in this state. I organized and led the first Second Amendment March at the capitol in Olympia, the very first armed rally on the state capitol grounds.

As I also said," I know about the new law and rest assured, a purchaser will understand it too before any money changes hands."

Why don't you just start a new thread about compliance with the new law on a different forum here? This thread is not the place.

This is a good deal.

Were I located nearby I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

I own one now and love it.

At this point, have probably shot it a 1000 times without a single hiccup.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top