JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_1683.JPG I found a real pretty shiny Browning High Power on GB a week or so ago. It had an adjustable rear sight, the box and everything as it came new. The seller sold it as used, but said he wasn't sure if it had been fired or not. I got it today and the dang thing is spanking new! Some of the factory oil had turned sticky and brown. This gun is awesome and 21 years old. I have right at $700 in the deal. I'll try to remember to put a picture up tomorrow so I can brag a little more. :)

Last Edited:
Very nice! IMO, there is nothing better than a polished blue HiPower. $700 is about what I want to pay for a nice used one and once in a while someone is actually willing to let one go.

You are lucky my wife recently put the brakes on my spending or I might have been bidding against you. It hasn't stopped me from buying parts and I am currently waiting for a set of custom full checkered Pau Ferro grips from Hogue for this one.

Guns, Gear, Accessories, Etc: What did you buy today?

Enjoy that beauty. You are going to shoot it, right?

Yes sir, I'm going to use it without reservation. I am tempted to put some truglo sights and some thin grips on it though. I had one of these in similar condition a few years ago and gave it to a GS who shall remain unnamed, to remove the magazine disconnect. He buggered up the bluing and I've missed it since. The trigger pins in some of these are, well, real tight and a bugger to get out. Thanks for the kind words

And the sights can be really tight as well.

My first question when looking at a used one is if the magazine disconnect is still in it. If so, it is a 99% guarantee that it hasn't been messed with.

And the sights can be really tight as well.

My first question when looking at a used one is if the magazine disconnect is still in it. If so, it is a 99% guarantee that it hasn't been messed with.

It's in this one and I'm reluctant to try to get the trigger pin out. Need a correct sized concave punch and lots of tape. Do you recall if the sight DT is directional?

Yes, you want to push the sights off toward the ejection port side.

The disconnect doesn't bother me and I leave them in. Trigger feel suffers with aftermarket (MecGar) magazines but it is fine if you stick with factory mags.

You've been infected. I own three now. One of them with the factory installed SFS system. The first order of business for me has always been to remove the magazine safety disconnect. Removing the mag safety disconnect will also improve the trigger pull significantly. All three of mine are tack drivers too. Great pistols!