JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The NFL Goes all Bloomberg on Gun Owners - Michael Schaus - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

"After having banned concealed carry in all of their stadiums, and even ordering women to give up their purse in favor of see-through plastic bags, (don’t ya feel safer now?) the NFL has accelerated its war on gun ownership and the Second Amendment by trampling on the First Amendment. The League has refused to air a commercial for Daniel Defense in the 2014 Super Bowl on grounds that the weapons manufacturer violates the NFL regulations for “prohibited advertising categories”. Their rejection, however, appears rooted in political activism, rather than strict adherence to long standing advertising rules..." Continued at the link.

So in some states you can't ban conceal carry in public areas. As many football stadiums are purchased with public funds, aren't they basically public areas?

I've attested for years the same as Phrank, and imagine if all that money which ends up coming from tax payers on stadiums was to go to Education or Health care? Or to the fricking roads?

Or anything besides professional sports which is filled with adult children who can't keep it in their pants, from up their nose or out of news?

Is it ~ping pong~ season Already??? I just can't keep up with the sport anymore... Well, it started when I was 18 Months old... And I am 63.5 YO, so I guess there is no help for me...

I am often asked about my limp, bum right leg: I always say... "Its an old Foot Ball injury... Err, no, it was in the War... Oh, I remember, I was Playing Foot Ball in the War...."

I got no time to watch goof off steroid filled prissy pansy a$$ boys, who often father 6 - 8 children, with as many women, and don't even know their children.

but if it makes your boat float, maybe your boat is really a door...

philip,
In the BoonDocks, sometimes the Hay Tractors have Races, that is fun to watch!!!!

So in some states you can't ban conceal carry in public areas. As many football stadiums are purchased with public funds, aren't they basically public areas?

This is true in WA - except the publicly funded municipal authority played a shell game with the stadium leases, and allowed a commercial entity to set conditions on entry. It's never been tested in court to my knowledge.

The League is also tax free. That should change.

- The players do get subject to taxes. Some may not have made a penny off their Superbowl appearance fee - that going to NJ.
( the players with the big contracts like Peyton )

If the stadiums were wholly built with private funds they would have every right to say that you cannot enter with a firearm and at that point you could be charged with trespassing if you were caught, asked to leave and failed to do so. Since most stadiums are funded by the taxpayers I don't see how they can get away with banning the public from lawful activities.

Football? Isn't that what the women in europe play while the men are cooking? The one where they say "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" every time someone wins?

My wife gets pissed because I can't even sit through a movie while I'm at the theater, at home? Forget it, I'm lucky if I can sit through a whole episode of how it's made.

The bigger issue, and it's one that others have hit on here... why do we have a tax exempt organization vocalizing a political opinion? If this were a church, espousing a pro-gun agenda that tax exempt status would be gone like a BMW in a bad neighborhood.

I'm allergic to BS, and this wreaks of it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top