JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's been a while since anyone has posted in the old thread so I thought I would start a new one. My new AOW that Coctailer helped me with. Ordered the CA89 (HK clone) last November and it arrived Jan 20th. Coctailer added the k grip the following day and AOW tax stamp sent off. Approved May 12th. My new AAC EVO-9 3 lug suppressor up front.

Nice! :)

I'm not clear on when/how you can legally put a front grip on these NFA guns. What makes it an an AOW as opposed to a pistol or SBR?

The CA89 is classified as a pistol when I bought it. If you add a vertical front grip to the pistol it then becomes a NFA AOW classed firearm. Coctailer being a class 2 manufacture can add the vertical grip and then the gun is engraved with his company info and paper work is then sent off to the BATF. The gun is then in his name and then transfers to me with an ATF approval. The ATF forms (tax stamp) are set to Coctailer and then I can get the gun back. No SBR's in WA at all. I hope this helps.

You need to find a weekend that your not at a gun show

I'm taking the summer off the shows, and planning on spending some time shooting.

How come your stamps came through so fast? I'm still waiting on mine.

I found the Sig here on the site ... 'Fake' can is on it right now but I 'hope' to have my Tax Stamp next week for the Spectre that I bought, for my 10/22's, and now the Mosquito ... :D

my last stamp was 65 days from mailbox to mailbox, and that seems to be the current average for trusts/corps. individuals are generally taking longer, sometimes significantly longer, due to the added paperwork and agency involvement.

Here's my HK USP .40, with Jarvis Barrel & AAC Evolution 40 suppressor. :)
Also attached is the Blast 2 Laser/Light combo.

rsz_img_0001.jpg

rsz_img_0001.jpg

The CA89 is classified as a pistol when I bought it. If you add a vertical front grip to the pistol it then becomes a NFA AOW classed firearm. Coctailer being a class 2 manufacture can add the vertical grip and then the gun is engraved with his company info and paper work is then sent off to the BATF. The gun is then in his name and then transfers to me with an ATF approval. The ATF forms (tax stamp) are set to Coctailer and then I can get the gun back. No SBR's in WA at all. I hope this helps.

Thanks - very informative.

Do you fire it more like a pistol? I guess you can't get a cheek weld without a stock?

Thanks - very informative.

Do you fire it more like a pistol? I guess you can't get a cheek weld without a stock?

No cheek support as adding any kind of stock would make it an SBR which are not allowed in WA and would require ATF approval and a $200 tax stamp. I shoot it like a pistol and also like a rifle as I have a single point elastic sling that I can put behind my shoulder to extent out tight.

It took sixteen weeks and two days from the time I mailed it in until the Form-4 arrived at my FFL today - for an SWR Warlock. I bought the new MkIII in the picture specifically as a host.

Hey TOVO, I have 2 stamps now.

.223 Phantom QD, and .22 LCW Predator.

I asked Chip to order me up an 870 AOW. Can't beat the $5 stamp.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top