JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Quiken Willmaker. Create a revokable living trust. Get it notorized. Send a copy of the Declaration of Trust and a copy of the Certification of Trust with your NFA paperwork each time you purchase a CL3 device. An RLT is like a box where you keep your NFA items or anything else...and you are the trustee of that box. It cant be photographed or fingerprinted, and it does not need a signoff from the local CLEO.

Piece of cake to do.

My local NFA dealer had a prepared form. Explained it all for me carefully. Helped me fill out the form. Sent me to the bank to get a cashier's check and get the trust form notarized.
He said that the BATFE often changes little details about how they want the trust, or different inspectors interpret things differently. I benefited from his experience in that, no extra charge.
There was a slight hiccup and some paperwork got sent back and forth, delaying my stamp by about a week, but they handled it for me quickly. The problem had something to do with the street address of the LGS (shrug).
I was very impressed and pleased with their customer service. Obviously this can vary by location and employee.

I suggest that you see if your NFA dealer will do this for you.

BTW, mine was "Discount Gun Sales", specifically the Everett, WA branch. Obviously you'd need to find a closer one. Here's a list:
<broken link removed>

Adding a second NFA item to your trust is simple. Bring a copy of your trust back to the NFA dealer (doesn't need to be the original). They will add the new item to the Schedule A list. You will fill out a new application for the new item and send another cashier's check. Then you will wait for your tax stamp (again). This will happen with every new item, you do not get a shortcut with the BATFE by already having the trust - but you can skip the notarization thing for additional items, that part only has to happen once.

I looked into the GunDocX trust. It's only $97 for Washington residents. For Oregon it's $125. These prices are for a basic single user trust (Bronze level). You can buy a more inclusive trust that allows multiple users, etc. for around $500 (Silver Trust). You can also upgrade from a Bronze to a Silver trust at a later time for the difference in cost between the trusts.

I went through an Oregon lawyer that uses the GunDocX system rather than going through the NWGunLaw group. I used Alexandria Streich (Welcome) and it went very smooth. Handled everything over the phone and via e-mail.

There is also another discount offered on the Silver level trust if you get a group presentation/purchase together. Anyone interested in trying to set up a group presentation? If the offer is still the same, it was $100 off the Silver price ($400 instead of $500) if we can get 5 people in on a presentation.

Dennis Brislawn did my silver level trust. $500. Very flexible trust, adding and deleting is easy, temporary authorization for usage/possession of NFA items can be granted. Pretty slick. Two stamps so far with it, third and fourth in process.

So now I see this is kinda spendy is there an advantage to this over the "regular" way I have a sbr on a forum 1 already and getting ready to by the can so are there advantages trust vs regular way besides not needing to be signed off and finger prints and photo

So now I see this is kinda spendy is there an advantage to this over the "regular" way ? So are there advantages trust vs regular way besides not needing to be signed off and finger prints and photo
Other people, listed on the trust as Trustees, can be in legal possession of the toys when you are not around. A trust also gives direction as to what happens to the toys should die.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top