JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking about jumping into the suppressor game. I'm trying to weigh out my options of just be simple and use Silencer Shop, or just get whatever brand the local shop offers, or buy online somewhere and transfer. Wondering if anyone in the Portland area has a gouge for who has the best transfer costs. I haven't settled on a can yet so total price including a possible transfer fee may be the deciding factor. Seems like everything I have seen has been between $100-150 for a transfer fee (or about the amount of money saved by buying online) so it seems like it would just be a wash and not worth the hassle to transfer. Anybody else had the same dilemma or found somewhere that offers transfers more modestly priced? Thanks

Buy from a local shop, save money, hassle, and time.
If you buy from an on line vendor your local transferring vendor takes on all the liability and storage, they have to off set these with the transfer fee. If they don't have what you want, have THEM order it for you, support local=better pricing in the long run.

I used Curt's Discount Shooters Supply and they were great. They also gave me a free mount of my choice with every suppressor purchase.
That's a $75.00 savings.

Transfer fees to vary widely. I've been charged $100 for the LGS to hold it for me, but I've found that Rich's GS in Donald charges $50. Have done several through them.

I also use Capital Armory out of Austin TX 1- because of their pricing and 2- because I have inputted prints and pictures plus a copy of my trust with them and they do all of the paperwork that I need to sign and send in to the ATF. Much simpler.

Transfer fees to vary widely. I've been charged $100 for the LGS to hold it for me, but I've found that Rich's GS in Donald charges $50. Have done several through them.

I also use Capital Armory out of Austin TX 1- because of their pricing and 2- because I have inputted prints and pictures plus a copy of my trust with them and they do all of the paperwork that I need to sign and send in to the ATF. Much simpler.
This is how Silencershop works. I have all of my information in their kiosk, so ordering is super simple and I can do it from home.
As far as transfer fees, $100 seems like gouging. I'm not saying the LGS shouldn't get anything, but a suppressor takes up very little space and it really seems like adding insult to injury. $50 seems livable but I probably wouln't transfer to anyone charging more than that...

We have over 100 suppressor models in stock, do the finger prints, photos and gun trusts in house. No sales tax or transfer fee to our Oregon FFL. Avoid the transfer fee, buy local, plus you can see touch and feel a wide variety of models.

This is how Silencershop works. I have all of my information in their kiosk, so ordering is super simple and I can do it from home.
As far as transfer fees, $100 seems like gouging. I'm not saying the LGS shouldn't get anything, but a suppressor takes up very little space and it really seems like adding insult to injury. $50 seems livable but I probably wouln't transfer to anyone charging more than that...
I too decided that $100 is too much and will not use that venue for any NFA stuff.

I too decided that $100 is too much and will not use that venue for any NFA stuff.
Update: I have been promoting Rich's Gun Shop as a good place to transfer a can through. Went in today and instead of the $50 I had been paying was told that it was now $145 !!! This is for cans NOT purchased through them. If you buy through them it's only $50.

Buying a suppressor was a bit like buying my first firearm. There was an air of mystery around the process. Once through it the first time, you realize there isn't much more to it then purchasing a firearm. I am sure a lot of it has to do with the dealer your working with who can make the process painless or exceedingly painful. Choose wisely.

Fundamental Firearms in Oregon city usually beats internet prices depending what can it is. Also includes the fingerprints, photos, and paperwork. I can't find anyone with lower prices.

Though SilencerShop does not carry every brand and model out there, they are by far the easiest and least expensive option.

You may get a deal buying through other online vendors, but they don't do what SilencerShop does. Which is, all included, one stop shop. So you save $50-$100 buying through another online vendor, then you have to pay for all the transfer fees.

The transfer costs are included in the SilencerShop price. They will cover all the paperwork and even send a check to the ATF on your behalf for a $5 fee.

If you have a shop like @Sporting Systems available I'd say they likely are even better than going through SilencerShop.

agreed Reno. Sporting systems will get a discount off silencershop who is most peoples largest suppressor distributor. Including dealers. Then the fees go to a local shop. But add into the cost price. Making it equal ish. Supporting local business. And if they are a silencer shop dealer having their electronic gear, all the info is electronically submitted from dealer to silencershop. Same amount of time. Ect. Support local business :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top