JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked up my first suppressor Friday. 254 day approval for eform 4 via Silencer Shop. Electronic fingerprints and just me on a trust.

I have another one pending currently at 249 days.

View attachment 1323761
Nice! This is the same wait time I have been seeing from multiple sources eform 4. Bummer it's gone up so much. I had a few approve at the 3 month wait when it fist rolled out.

Form 4 individual paper
Check cash 11/10/21
Approved 11/3/22
Picked up 12/9/22

I think my stamp had been sitting at the dealer for a little while. Never got a call. Glad I called the ATF and then checked with my dealer today.

Surprise surprise the e-form wait time is similar to the paper wait time. This has got to be intentional. Why can't you check an electronic database for submissions from the same person/trust and mass approve?

Submitted e-form on 05/20/2022. Approved, e-mail notification and pick up today 02/04/2023. 260 days. LaRue M308.

Re BGC for pistol. FFL released a new to me pistol after 3 days. I was still 10000+ in the que. Won't say who it was. They specifically requested I not disclose that. Will gladly comply with their wishes. Thank you....

It's been an good week.

LaRue M308.jpg

Last Edited:
I'm a FFL/SOT and do e form submittals for suppressors regularly. Though it was much faster for a while, the last few have been approved in just under 9 months. Hoping all of the brace submissions doesn't slow down new submittals much.

eForm 4 submitted 7/12, approval received 4/16. 279? days.
I've made the mistake of following the Reddit thread on r/NFA and seeing people in September getting approvals in bulk was REALLY frustrating.

I only have one more Form 1 (submitted 2/22) that I'm waiting for. Based on trends, it could be today or in June.
I did get a response from the FBI on the relative value (or lack thereof) of the UPIN. I've noticed no change whatsoever in my approval times even using my UPIN vs. not. Sucks.

eForm 4 submitted 7/12, approval received 4/16. 279? days.
I've made the mistake of following the Reddit thread on r/NFA and seeing people in September getting approvals in bulk was REALLY frustrating.

I only have one more Form 1 (submitted 2/22) that I'm waiting for. Based on trends, it could be today or in June.
I did get a response from the FBI on the relative value (or lack thereof) of the UPIN. I've noticed no change whatsoever in my approval times even using my UPIN vs. not. Sucks.
February of 2022? Ouch! Have you called the ATF (W VA #)?

EDIT-- I missed the 1 .

Last Edited:
Submitted my form-1 today. With the silencer shop trust, do I engrave my name or the full trust name?
Fist wait till you get approved. And depending on how you submit depends on what you engrave. It's ok to ask around but take that with a grain of salt and do your research. I just say that because of laws and info online is not something you should put your full trust into. And when I'm doubt you can ask a lawyer that's specifically does this kind of thing.

Fist wait till you get approved. And depending on how you submit depends on what you engrave. It's ok to ask around but take that with a grain of salt and do your research. I just say that because of laws and info online is not something you should put your full trust into. And when I'm doubt you can ask a lawyer that's specifically does this kind of thing.
I talked to silencer shop, they said full trust name.

Submitted my form-1 today. With the silencer shop trust, do I engrave my name or the full trust name?
If it's a trust the full trust name . One word of advice I like to tell people is when create the trust immediately rename it to "your initials" and "trust" . Otherwise youl have "blah blah blah revocable living trust" . Lawyers and software like to do that but it doesn't matter and the ATF doesn't care. Before you use it and add anything to the property schedule rename it to make it as short as possible. You'll be glad you did.

If it's a trust the full trust name . One word of advice I like to tell people is when create the trust immediately rename it to "your initials" and "trust" . Otherwise youl have "blah blah blah revocable living trust" . Lawyers and software like to do that but it doesn't matter and the ATF doesn't care. Before you use it and add anything to the property schedule rename it to make it as short as possible. You'll be glad you did.
How do you rename a trust? Is it too late if I certified my form-1?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top