JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Form 4 Paper
Paid: 10/8/21
Stamp Cashed: 11/2/21
Approved: 10/18/22
Picked up: 10/28/22

I noticed there are a few people that bought their suppressor a few days or a week or two after I did, paper file, but got approved shortly before me. That really sucks. I wonder why that would happen. But at least I have it now. Just waiting for my efile to approve on my rifle can.

Form 4 efile
Submitted: 6/16/22
Still waiting.

Form 4 Paper

I noticed there are a few people that bought their suppressor a few days or a week or two after I did, paper file, but got approved shortly before me. That really sucks. I wonder why that would happen. But at least I have it now. Just waiting for my efile to approve on my rifle can.

Form 4 efile
Still waiting.
I had a upin on my application. May or may not explain some of it.

Form 4 Paper

Form 4 efile
Still waiting.

Different 'inspectors' doing the paperwork

For what it's worth, I have been hearing from multiple sources that the ATF has been working more to clear out the backlog of paper forms. And this maybe why the efile times have gone up. Bunch of paper form 4 have been coming in at the 12 month mark and efile 4s are now 6-7 months.

Mine was submitted on August 15, 2021. My FFL said 14 months is not unusual. Is there a way to find out why this is taking so long? Maybe I should have Jeff Merkey look into it for me :)

Mine was submitted on August 15, 2021. My FFL said 14 months is not unusual. Is there a way to find out why this is taking so long? Maybe I should have Jeff Merkey look into it for me :)
Call the ATF at (304) 616-4500 Look at your paperwork as they will ask you for the serial number of the suppressor. But be prepared for a non-committal answer, Sometimes just asking seems to float them to the top.

Can't hurt!

My last batch was interesting. I purchased several over a 6+mos. period of time. 11mos. in to my wait for the first purchase I got the call that my stamps had come in. When I showed, I was pleasantly surprised to find that whoever the examiner was on mine lumped them all together. I had some that were only 120days in or so.
I hope you get that lucky. My current batch is sitting on 11mos. now, I'm hoping for Feb.

My last batch was interesting. I purchased several over a 6+mos. period of time. 11mos. in to my wait for the first purchase I got the call that my stamps had come in. When I showed, I was pleasantly surprised to find that whoever the examiner was on mine lumped them all together. I had some that were only 120days in or so.
I hope you get that lucky. My current batch is sitting on 11mos. now, I'm hoping for Feb.
For awhile the ATF was assigning applications to an inspector who could look to see if you had other applications in the system and then consolidate them all. If your background check was good for 1 its good for all of them, right? Makes sense. Seems they crapped that system. (See my earlier quote about ATF efficiency!)

I have 2 paper forms that have been out 13 months now, and 2 eforms still out (8 months now).

Picked up my first suppressor Friday. 254 day approval for eform 4 via Silencer Shop. Electronic fingerprints and just me on a trust.

I have another one pending currently at 249 days.

20221202_131452.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads