JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
206 days since my February 9th certification on 3 eForm 4s with UPIN.
I have the UPIN because of another one that is now at 17 days, or 791 days, if you count lots of emails and phone calls around the 480 day mark before being given an "open denial" (Meaning they couldn't make a determination on whether I was a prohibited person, even though they know damned well I am not). Then four months to receive the tax stamp refund, then another 2 months for Silencershop to screw things up and me to sort it out for them before resubmitting.

To give the agency a pass because "lots more people purchased cans because of eFile" doesn't wash with me People don't magically acquire more funds on a grand scale.

Oddly enough, my UPIN application was approved in just over three weeks.

Last Edited:
Darn it, I think my old timers is acting up again..... I have a feeling we have had this discussion before..... Now that you say that. :)
From ATF NFA handbook: https://www.atf.gov/file/58231/download

9.12.1 NFA Transfers to other than individuals. Subsequent to the approval of an application requesting to transfer an NFA firearm to, or on behalf of, a partnership, company, association, trust, estate, or corporation, the authorized person picking up the firearm on behalf of, a partnership, company, association, trust, estate, or corporation from the FFL must complete the Form 4473 with his/her personal information and undergo a NICS check. See also, question P60 in the ATF FAQs.

Not sure on the laws in Oregon concerning individuals but all of my cans have been processed under trusts. Would be happy to learn this isn't the case as stated in Oregon statutes and other federal guidance overruling the ATF NFA handbook guidance that says a 4473 isn't required.
I had to do some searching but I knew we had this conversation before.

Wait, are you saying it's not required for an individual? Do you know where I can look that up?
You are required to fill out a 4473 regardless of whether you purchased as an individual or trust.

If you purchased as an individual, you don't have to wait for the 4473 to comeback, you are only required to fill it out. It would be best if a reputable NFA dealer chimed in here to correct me if I am wrong but I don't even think the dealer has to submit the 4473, they only keep it as a record of you picking up the NFA item.

If you purchased via a trust, you have to submit a 4473 and wait for it to come back approved before you can receive your NFA item.

206 days since my February 9th certification on 3 eForm 4s with UPIN.
I have the UPIN because of another one that is now at 17 days, or 791 days, if you count lots of emails and phone calls around the 480 day mark before being given an "open denial" (Meaning they couldn't make a determination on whether I was a prohibited person, even though they know damned well I am not). Then four months to receive the tax stamp refund, then another 2 months for Silencershop to screw things up and me to sort it out for them before resubmitting.

To give the agency a pass because "lots more people purchased cans because of eFile" doesn't wash with me People don't magically acquire more funds on a grand scale.

Oddly enough, my UPIN application was approved in just over three weeks.
I have a UPIN on my form 4, at 305 days currently.

If you purchased as an individual, you don't have to wait for the 4473 to comeback, you are only required to fill it out. It would be best if a reputable NFA dealer chimed in here to correct me if I am wrong but I don't even think the dealer has to submit the 4473, they only keep it as a record of you picking up the NFA item.
Incorrect, at least in Oregon. Form 4473 is a disposition record and it is completed when transferring an NFA item, like any other firearm. In most states, there is no background check required on an NFA item; see item 28 ("No NICS check is required because a background check was completed during the NFA approval process on the individual who will receive the NFA firearm(s), as reflected on the approved NFA application."). However, due to Oregon's brain-dead law (SB 941), you have to have a BCG run anyway, for a total of two.

Last Edited:
Silencer Co Sparrow purchased through SilencerShop.com
Form 4 Individual
Purchased 10/25/21
Check Cashed: 11/4/21
Approved:9/28/22
In Hand: 10/3/22
343 days from the date of purchase.

Now the wait for my other one that went Form 4 Individual E-File which is currently at 167 days...

Silencer Co Sparrow purchased through SilencerShop.com
Form 4 Individual
Purchased 10/25/21
Check Cashed: 11/4/21
Approved:9/28/22
In Hand: 10/3/22
343 days from the date of purchase.

Now the wait for my other one that went Form 4 Individual E-File which is currently at 167 days...
ohhhhh im excited now...that is my same cashed date....🤞

I called my 'can guy' about a week ago. He said he was getting completed form 4's from last March (3/2022), and that these are taking right about 7 months. By that I should get mine in the first week of December, God willing and the river don't rise.
He also told me that yes, they do a 4473, but no other processing / BGC.

Finally!
eForm -trust
Silencerco Harvester EVO
Ordered 3/22/22
ATF Certified 3/25/22
Approval date 10/25/22
Will pick up this week

7 months to the date
4 still in jail........

one shot paper form 4

B58B87A0-2986-41F7-8F22-DA61C407560D.jpeg

Upcoming Events