JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did the ATF change the Form 1 process again? I haven't submitted one in about 15 months or so. I got the emails after completing my usual steps online, and it seems to indicate I only need to send the cover letter and my prints in to the ATF; nothing indicated for my CLEO, which is very different than what I remember at the end of 2019.
The maker still needs to send the CLEO copy to the CLEO who was listed on the Form 1. If you e-filed a Form 1 the submission email should include an attached form with a CLEO copy to send to the CLEO. That email should also include a different PDF cover letter that goes to the ATF with your fingerprints.

The maker still needs to send the CLEO copy to the CLEO who was listed on the Form 1. If you e-filed a Form 1 the submission email should include an attached form with a CLEO copy to send to the CLEO. That email should also include a different PDF cover letter that goes to the ATF with your fingerprints.
That's what I was expecting. It's not what I got, which was what surprised me. The mail I received from ATFOnline gave me the cover letter and the soft copy, saying I had ten business days to mail my fingerprints in with the control-numbered cover letter, which I sent them along with a soft copy of the submission.

I pinged WCSO and they got back to me quickly, so I sent them what I had sent them in the past (soft copy of the submission) and the email/response that I got from them.

I love living in Washington County - I've only talked to the most supportive, helpful people in administration there.

Form 4 is currently returning stamps at 6 to 8 month. Expect it to move more towards 8 months for a bit.

Sources include:
Silencer Shop
Capitol Armory
Social media / Forums
ATF
My current experience.
That's good advice. When I talked to NFA branch recently they said I was six months into a likely seven month (or longer) wait. In my head I just added a couple of months to it.

I will say, though, working with Silencer Shop and other partners like Threat Dynamics that understand how to do paperwork correctly AND ensure that any errors that might crop up get dealt with quickly takes a load off my mind. If any of you have experienced multi-year waits do to lazy vendors, you know what I'm talking about.

That's good advice. When I talked to NFA branch recently they said I was six months into a likely seven month (or longer) wait. In my head I just added a couple of months to it.

I will say, though, working with Silencer Shop and other partners like Threat Dynamics that understand how to do paperwork correctly AND ensure that any errors that might crop up get dealt with quickly takes a load off my mind. If any of you have experienced multi-year waits do to lazy vendors, you know what I'm talking about.

This time last year I got one at 5 months. Just passed 6 months on a current and another that's only at 3 months. And yes agree I like buying from Silencer Shop. I did one through Sportsman's warehouse in Utah they sucked and keep trying to nickel and dime me on everything, and just less convenient.

CGS Siren

Form 4, Silencer Shop

Purchase 8/28/20
Delivered to dealer 9/14/20
Check cash 9/23/20
Approved 3/18/21
Dealer called in hand 4/2/21

tempImageRy2qfU.png

Last Edited:
Just eForm1'd an SBR on 3/7, came back today approved just under one month.

This was a 2nd try though. First try I sent in the fingerprints on the right form but printed from my printer. Bad advice from one of the online "guides". You have to use cardstock. Since the ATF will send you the forms for free, might as well wait and use the real deal.

Bought a TB 338 Ultra SR today. Figure the Form 3 to my dealer gets it here next week sometime. Then another two-three weeks to get my paperwork in and check cashed.

I should have it by spring next year.

Anyone know how long e-form 3's are taking currently? I bought a Thunderbeast 338 SR Ultra over a week and a half ago from MHS and am waiting for them to transfer it to TD so I can do paperwork.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top