JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cancelled? Meaning you requested a new and then the original eventually came that many months later?
They send you stamp with writing on it, that is your legal proof you paid up. Cancelled does not mean it is not valid for the purpose of being legal. So today I was able to assemble the SBR and it is all legal.

They send you stamp with writing on it, that is your legal proof you paid up. Cancelled does not mean it is not valid for the purpose of being legal. So today I was able to assemble the SBR and it is all legal.

I'm a little confused here to be honest.
I've never got two stamps or two items. After 3 SBR's and 3 cans, I have never received more than one document from the ATF upon approval. So I think I'm missing something here

I've never got two stamps or two items. After 3 SBR's and 3 cans, I have never received more than one document from the ATF upon approval. So I think I'm missing something here
My understanding is that if you do an online submission you will get your stamp in the form of a jpeg. I did my stuff the old fashioned way, got the receiver engraved, filled out the BATF form to " make" the SBR. The form is not difficult, just read the instructions, then read them again. The local PD did the finger prints 20 bucks for first card and 15 for each additional. The local FedEx does passport photos, forget the cost but 15 for first picture and 10 each additional comes to mind. Fill out forms in triplicate, send one copy to Snohomish county sheriff. Send off the other two forms with pictures, fbi fingerprint cards "with my prints on them", and the check. They are very quick to cash the check. Once it is approved and they know you are a solid citizen they send back one of the forms with your tax stamp taped to the form. At that point you may put the upper (under 16" barrel ) on your lower. I waited till the stamp came in to build the lower, put in bcg, charging handle etc on the upper. I hope this helps.

cheers

I'm not sure about the canceled thing either. If they make a duplicate per request and mail it they write something on it. But efile is different because you get it electronically. But for you I'd maybe wait till Monday or not and call the ATF and let them know and how to proceed.

FYI
I had a form 4 transfer and when the stamp arrived the document had been destroyed in transit. I sent the ATF a letter regarding the incident and requested a copy or a re-issued document. I was surprised as they responded within about three weeks. This is what I got.

13CB52CD-0DDF-4B8A-9CBB-9BBBC4E5395E.jpeg

Eform 1 Trust Submitted Nov 3 2020
Received 3/3/2021

Adding my stock to the 300 Blackout tonight. Hoping the Strike Industries Viper PDW cycles with my subsonic suppressed ammo. Had to put an H3 buffer in the current pistol configuration to get it to cycle even with the adjustable gas block fully open.

Form 4, FFL to Trust, Paper, Machine-gun:

• 9/29/2020 Mailed off to Portlandia BATFE address.
  • 10/5/2020 Check cashed by Federales.
  • 2/21/2021 Form approved.
  • 3/11/2021 Received an e-mail from NFA Branch indicating the idiotic USPS kicked the approved form back to them. Confirmed address is, in fact, correct despite the action of the aforementioned grossly incompetent "service".
  • 3/19/2021 Approved Form 4 arrives.
Done. (And eyes on the next buzz-gun well underway. :s0155:)

Form 4, FFL to Trust, Paper, Machine-gun:

• 9/29/2020 Mailed off to Portlandia BATFE address.
  • 10/5/2020 Check cashed by Federales.
  • 2/21/2021 Form approved.
  • 3/11/2021 Received an e-mail from NFA Branch indicating the idiotic USPS kicked the approved form back to them. Confirmed address is, in fact, correct despite the action of the aforementioned grossly incompetent "service".
  • 3/19/2021 Approved Form 4 arrives.
Done. (And eyes on the next buzz-gun well underway. :s0155:)

Congrats!!!!!!

Up here in Washington crying that I can't get one here legally

Just wanted to vent here. Back-Ordered a rugged obsidian 45 from silencer shop about 2 weeks ago. The guy on the horn told me they usually restock them within 2-6 weeks. I called today to check status. The nice lady on the phone said it could be up to 6 months!!!!! I almost sharted my pants on the spot. I hope we're still seeing 6 month form 4 approvals when I finally get a serial number assigned. Probably won't see my can until this time next year. Please pray for me that it's sooner!!

Just wanted to vent here. Back-Ordered a rugged obsidian 45 from silencer shop about 2 weeks ago. The guy on the horn told me they usually restock them within 2-6 weeks. I called today to check status. The nice lady on the phone said it could be up to 6 months!!!!! I almost sharted my pants on the spot. I hope we're still seeing 6 month form 4 approvals when I finally get a serial number assigned. Probably won't see my can until this time next year. Please pray for me that it's sooner!!
I feel for ya. I waited 4 months for 2 back ordered YHM R9s. Started the official wait in January when the ATF cashed the checks.

My SOT ordered an R9 for me in November. Crickets. I called YHM asking if there was a problem and the man in customer service nonchalantly told me orders were backed up 6 months+.

Just wanted to vent here. Back-Ordered a rugged obsidian 45 from silencer shop about 2 weeks ago. The guy on the horn told me they usually restock them within 2-6 weeks. I called today to check status. The nice lady on the phone said it could 45be up to 6 months!!!!! I almost sharted my pants on the spot. I hope we're still seeing 6 month form 4 approvals when I finally get a serial number assigned. Probably won't see my can until this time next year. Please pray for me that it's sooner!!
My obsidian 45 FDE took 2 months back order Sep-Nov 2020. So now waiting on ATF.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top