JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Submitted individual eForm1 in late October. For a "silencer."

The application went "pending research" immediately.
I've heard/seen people posting that they were approved in as little as 3 weeks, so I called a few minutes ago to check up on my application. Was on hold about 5 minutes. Very nice customer service rep told me that there's kinda/sorta 2 waiting periods. The normal case is you go in "pending research" and the current average wait period in "pending research" right now is about 90 days. Once that is over, I'll get the email with fingerprint and CLEO information. The fingerprint and CLEO portion is anticipated to take about 60 days.

So, for me, I've probably got another couple weeks (average) before I'll be out of "pending research" and finally send in my fingerprints. Then another 2 months.

Just sharing, and good luck with your own applications.

UPDATE: January 26, application went "Submitted/In Process"
Mailed my fingerprint cards via USPS a couple days later.
February 28, 2021 application APPROVED and stamp received via PDF (which I presume is the only way I'll get it).

SO: 127 days from start to finish for an electronic Form 1 silencer application.

Good luck to everyone.

Now, I'm off to BYE engraving---and then to the range!!! :cool:

UPDATE: January 26, application went "Submitted/In Process"
Mailed my fingerprint cards via USPS a couple days later.
February 28, 2021 application APPROVED and stamp received via PDF (which I presume is the only way I'll get it).

SO: 127 days from start to finish for an electronic Form 1 silencer application.

Good luck to everyone.

Now, I'm off to BYE engraving---and then to the range!!! :cool:

Bye is the best. I come all the way from ridgefield to use them

I'm getting itchy here. I bought two cans, 2 days apart. Back in July. First can (the one purchased on the prior day) came back approved early January. Still haven't heard on the second.

Better call gayTF and see what the heck is going on

Bye is good service and good people, wish they did laser engraving. I haven't been there in a couple years. Had a laser engraver in Utah and I prefer the way it turns out. But nothing wrong with how bye does it just a preference.

Unfortunately not surprised about the difference in time for your stamps. Been there too. It's bad enough we have to wait but some consistency would be nice. Waiting is one thing but not knowing when in another.

Bye is good service and good people, wish they did laser engraving. I haven't been there in a couple years. Had a laser engraver in Utah and I prefer the way it turns out. But nothing wrong with how bye does it just a preference.

Unfortunately not surprised and the difference in time on your stamps. Been there too. It's bad enough we have to wait but some consistency would be nice. Waiting is one thing but not knowing when in another.

Ok cool I've never done two at the same time on any NFA item so I wasn't sure. I had these high hopes of them being approved within a couple days of each other. So sounds like my situation totally normal then

Ok cool I've never done two at the same time on any NFA item so I wasn't sure. I had these high hopes of them being approved within a couple days of each other. So sounds like my situation totally normal then
Unfortunately yes I have talked to many that have been in the same situation as you, even cans purchased on same day. You can buy one 3 months after another and get it months sooner sometimes.

For cans over the years I have had them range at a hair under 5 months to a few week over 13 months. But if you can get 5 to 8 months that's not to bad considering what we are working with.

Unfortunately yes I have talked to many that have been in the same situation as you, even cans purchased on same day. You can buy one 3 months after another and get it months sooner sometimes.

For cans over the years I have had them range at a hair under 5 months to a few week over 13 months. But if you can get 5 to 8 months that's not to bad considering what we are working with.

Yeah the 5-8 month approvals are a great feeling compared to the 1+ year approvals. Still a suppressor / silencer should be able to be purchased over the counter. Accessories shouldn't be regulated.

I also don't think guns should be regulated either but I guess we can just leave the unregulated guns to criminals while we sit here biting our nails waiting for the next law that makes us felons:s0087:

Couple of years ago, a friend and I bought our suppressors on the same day from the same store. Did the paperwork on the same day and (I assume) it all went in the same envelope for my 2 and his 1 to be sent off to the ATF. All three were approved, received and picked up on the same day.

Couple of years ago, a friend and I bought our suppressors on the same day from the same store. Did the paperwork on the same day and (I assume) it all went in the same envelope for my 2 and his 1 to be sent off to the ATF. All three were approved, received and picked up on the same day.

okay, well now I'm annoyed. Why do you have to be so perfect! :mad:

I used to get annoyed too. Go back a few pages and you'll find my first. Which I got after my second! 2 years after the check was cashed.

Currently have 6 stamps in limbo. I've become numb to the process.

My favorite moral patch says it best.

1_170f0752-2151-4fdb-8808-d2c4287cab64_2048x.jpg

BYE engraving in SW Portland did the engraving, today, while my son and I watched him do it. Very reasonable price as well. Walked in expecting to have to leave it for a week or more. Walked out something like 30-45 minutes later much happier than expected. Just thought I'd give them a plug. Nice people. :)

so I called the ATF today and my previously mentioned the second can was approved on 1/31/21. Still no stamp at the ffl according to my ffl. How long does it take for a stamp to get from "hq" to the ffl?

great... prob lost in mail or something. Any idea what to do at that point?

If it doesn't show up you contact the ATF and they can get you a copy. Hopefully your ffl didn't lose it. It sucks the ATF isn't always good at sending them out right away but your at a month so IMO it should be no later than this week.

If it doesn't show up you contact the ATF and they can get you a copy. Hopefully your ffl didn't lose it. It sucks the ATF isn't always good at sending them out right away but your at a month so IMO it should be no later than this week.
Thanks for the info.
Do I need my ffl to do the request of the copy or can I request a copy be sent to my ffl.

Thanks for the info.
Do I need my ffl to do the request of the copy or can I request a copy be sent to my ffl.
You know I can't remember need to check into that ATF could probably answer that. But if you had already received it I know the ATF can get you a copy. Like if you need a replacement. I'm just not sure because it didn't pass your dealer to you yet. I'd call and see if the ATF can answer that they have always been helpful and nice, just slow.

You know I can't remember need to check into that ATF could probably answer that. But if you had already received it I know the ATF can get you a copy. Like if you need a replacement. I'm just not sure because it didn't pass your dealer to you yet. I'd call and see if the ATF can answer that they have always been helpful and nice, just slow.

i appreciate the help man. I hope this doesn't become a f*n nightmare. I want my item

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top