JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have that number in my phone, but I do this so that I'm not being 'itchy' at 5 months, then 6 months, etc. I buy the cans, pay the stamp and then forget them for a while. If I was at a year, yes I can see calling for an update, but I use a trust and it usually runs about 11 months +/-. Calling doesn't hurry anything along.
No it doesn't hurry it at all. I do the same thing, accept I call at 10 months from the post received date. That's how I found out that my last had been rejected and sent back to my SOT dealer 15 days before I called ATF. I called my dealer and it was sitting in a pile of mail waiting to be gone through. If I had not called, I could have had to start all over again instead of having the correction made and approved within two weeks.

The Portland office cashes the check or processes the credit cards. All paper work is then shipped off to W. Virginia.
Interesting that wasn't my understanding but my SOT has been wrong before. It wouldn't surprise me that the government would add an additional set of hands in the mix though.

The ATF cut the program, according to Williams, because "they were getting a lot of negative feedback from folks who had been in the queue for a year or more."

Why anyone would complain about this is beyond me.
Same concept with people going through immigration the proper way va jumping the fence and waiting for amnesty.

I said concept.

People have done their time waiting and moving through. Considering I've had two Form1's approved since waiting for my F4... I get it.

Civilized societies use queues, order and patience.

Same concept with people going through immigration the proper way va jumping the fence and waiting for amnesty.

I said concept.

People have done their time waiting and moving through. Considering I've had two Form1's approved since waiting for my F4... I get it.

Civilized societies use queues, order and patience.
I realize you said concept but it is not even close to being a comparable situation.

This is allowing the atf to retrograde their process and go back to long waits and is incredibly short sighted.

re: ATF rule(?) change
I get the frustration but really? Whiners always screw things up.
I've got suppressors that are still pending after a year but I was still happy to get my July purchases in October.
But someone had to complain
Now, no one is happy.:s0054:

I realize you said concept but it is not even close to being a comparable situation.

This is allowing the atf to retrograde their process and go back to long waits and is incredibly short sighted.

because our gooberment has never done anything shortsighted, like creating the NFA in the first place.

Been cleaning up the pistol thing as of lately.

Did a efile back in June I didn't put up here.

Form 1 individual efile 6-7-19.
Emailed stamp on 7-1-19.

Filed for 3 F1 individuals on 11-10-19 minutes from each other. All finger prints went out the same day too.

Got two emailed back yesterday 12-11-19.

Hopefully the third is just a day or two away.

Probably submit for the Ruger Charger I have in the classifieds if it doesn't sell in another week or two of bumps.

Purchased an Oculus 22 on the 16th, store finally placed the order monday.... :(
Just got my SN, but haven't signed anything yet... guess my clock hasn't started yet, but it's a form 4 trust through silencerco.

Purchased an Oculus 22 on the 16th, store finally placed the order monday.... :(
Just got my SN, but haven't signed anything yet... guess my clock hasn't started yet, but it's a form 4 trust through silencerco.

Get that paperwork done!!! As you already know, the clock doesn't start until you submit the paperwork.

Get that paperwork done!!! As you already know, the clock doesn't start until you submit the paperwork.
No, to be clear the counting starts once they have your payment. Check your checking account statement or your credit card statement on line. I use a check because it's simple to check.

Signed tonight in fact. Purchase was made through a dealer, and they were the ones who took until monday to file the order with S.shop. S shop took 3 days to process the order. My card was charged back on the 16th of nov, but the clock is supposed to start once I sign. Knowing that they still have to send it in, I'm not holding my breath. Time to put it out of mind, and hope for a quiet summer next year.

Well, I've started my own experiment
I've purchased a silencer from my local gun shop last Saturday Sandman K

and today I bought one from Silencer Shop YHM Turbo

I wonder which will clear first

Well, I've started my own experiment
I've purchased a silencer from my local gun shop last Saturday Sandman K

and today I bought one from Silencer Shop YHM Turbo

I wonder which will clear first
The best part of using SS (I use Capitol Armory) is that they can hold your info on file, including photos, a copy of your trust and prints, making the next one even simpler. If you did the paperwork and make a mistake it won't get kicked back to you for a couple of months. I pay the $200 by check so I can easy see when the gang-that-can't-shoot-straight cashes it. That's the date I use as a starting date.

I like that Silencer Shop sends an e-mail saying the check (or whatever their payment method is) is cashed. Wish the LGS would do that.

I like that Silencer Shop sends an e-mail saying the check (or whatever their payment method is) is cashed. Wish the LGS would do that.
Everyone has their favorites and for different reasons. I like that I don't need the kiosks and can just order online. I do caution everyone to ask what the LGS charges for varying fees. They vary. A lot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top