JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Form 1 submitted 8/21/21

Fingerprints and CLEO copy will be in the mail 8/23.

Let's see if I am as lucky as @wired or if he just get's preferential treatment because he is a valued customer. :)
Theres one thing that always makes me spew my beer all over my dashboard. Its when I'm talking to someone about guns and they find out I have NFA stuff and they ask if I'm afraid the ATF is going to have a file on me. Its like I dont just have a file. I have my own dedicated agent.

Question, I ordered fingerprint cards from Silencer Shop. They had my prints cards is filled out. But in the box that says Reason Fingerprinted on the card they typed in NFA TRANSFER. I wanted to use theses for form 1 file SBR efile. So are they no good for this? it's not a transfer. Does it need to say NFA APPLICATION? I haven done a sbr in a while.

Question, I ordered fingerprint cards from Silencer Shop. They had my prints cards is filled out. But in the box that says Reason Fingerprinted on the card they typed in NFA TRANSFER. I wanted to use theses for form 1 file SBR efile. So are they no good for this? it's not a transfer. Does it need to say NFA APPLICATION? I haven done a sbr in a while.
It doesnt matter. They just scan those in and put them in the file. I doubt anyone reads them. They certainly dont actually run the prints

E-filed F-1 SBR individual on Aug. 29th. ATF received my cover letter and fingerprint cards on the 31st. So let's see how long I'll be seeing "Submitted In Process" In the past Form 4 silencers have been on average 9 months for me. I had one approved in 7 months but with no explanation or care in the world TJ's in MAC lost my tax stamp and by the time I stoked the fire and pressed hard enough it magically appeared. I was at about 9 months in at that point as well.

Last Edited:
E-filed F-1 on Aug. 29th. ATF received my cover letter and fingerprint cards on the 31st. So let's see how long I'll be seeing "Submitted In Process" In the past Form 4 silencers have been on average 9 months for me. I had one approved in 7 months but with no explanation or care in the world TJ's in MAC lost my tax stamp and by the time I stoked the fire and pressed hard enough it magically appeared. I was at about 9 months in at that point as well.
Same they got my form 1 prints 9/13/21. SBR Individual.
My last can I just got on 9/3/21 took 8 months, The can I got March 2020 was 5 months the can I got march 2021 was 6 months.
As far as Form 1 e-file ATF says 2 months. And that is about what I have seen from looking around online maybe even a little quicker.

Same they got my form 1 prints 9/13/21. SBR Individual.
My last can I just got on 9/3/21 took 8 months, The can I got March 2020 was 5 months the can I got march 2021 was 6 months.
As far as Form 1 e-file ATF says 2 months. And that is about what I have seen from looking around online maybe even a little quicker.
I've had friends and a few close associates average 4.5 weeks spread out over the past 3 months on SBR individual.

I swear the NFA has to be run by a former Army General who went to work for the USPS and decided it would be a good career choice to stave off full retirement and torture the souls that are tasked with reviewing our submissions. Absolutely none of how they process our forms makes any semblance of sense. Currently I have more respect for the derps who sling fries at McDonalds.

I swear the NFA has to be run by a former Army General who went to work for the USPS and decided it would be a good career choice to stave off full retirement and torture the souls that are tasked with reviewing our submissions. Absolutely none of how they process our forms makes any semblance of sense. Currently I have more respect for the derps who sling fries at McDonalds.
I think it's just the system not the people doing the actual work. They have had outdated equipment and old school methods. Past few years they have made some improvements to they system. Everyone I have talked to or dealt with a issue has been very helpful. In 2015 I messed up on a form 1 that was rejected, It was actually a problem with their drop down menu. I email the lead and instead of putting me to the back of the line they approved me the very next day. (they dont do this anymore as far as I know) Around that same time I made a typo and they called me and allowed me to email a picture in of the numbers I messed up in the receiver and they approved it quickly. Yeah I was new at it and learning. Back then e-file was 5-6 months wait. Maybe it's the leadership? But as far as I can tell the people doing the actual approvals and grunt work are good people. They are also likely under staffed and overwhelmed. I remember seeing a few years back they had so many paper forms on file that the building couldn't handle the weight and space, so they had a bunch of semi trailers in the parking lot to store forms.

Last Edited:
I wish I knew the mechanics of the online approvals for Form 1s vs. paper Form 4s. I wonder if anyone from ATF would ever answer that on an AMA via Reddit or something.

They keep using "seven months" but we all know that's mostly a lie.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top