JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Gunbuggy take a look at Hansohn brothers, they hvae the Rugged Obsidian 45 in stock in FDE as of 9:18am PST. Use the code "thanks" for an additional discount. Have it transferred to the Silencer Shop SOT of your choice and they will up load it into the Silencer Shop system for you so you can use the kiosk and Silencer Shops process or you can just go the old fashion paper process. Most dealers charge $100 for a non-silencer shop purchases suppressor to be run through the Silencer Shop system and kiosk so call ahead to find out what the fee will be.

If you call Silencer Shop they should have no issue refunding your CC for you backorder.

@Gunbuggy take a look at Hansohn brothers, they hvae the Rugged Obsidian 45 in stock in FDE as of 9:18am PST. Use the code "thanks" for an additional discount. Have it transferred to the Silencer Shop SOT of your choice and they will up load it into the Silencer Shop system for you so you can use the kiosk and Silencer Shops process or you can just go the old fashion paper process. Most dealers charge $100 for a non-silencer shop purchases suppressor to be run through the Silencer Shop system and kiosk so call ahead to find out what the fee will be.

If you call Silencer Shop they should have no issue refunding your CC for you backorder.

thanks for the advice. I'll look into this!

Form 4, FFL to Trust, Paper, Machine-gun:

• 9/29/2020 Mailed off to Portlandia BATFE address.
  • 10/5/2020 Check cashed by Federales.
  • 2/21/2021 Form approved.
  • 3/11/2021 Received an e-mail from NFA Branch indicating the idiotic USPS kicked the approved form back to them. Confirmed address is, in fact, correct despite the action of the aforementioned grossly incompetent "service".
  • 3/19/2021 Approved Form 4 arrives.
Done. (And eyes on the next buzz-gun well underway. :s0155:)
My SOT finally got the YHM R9 I ordered some time ago. They advertised it as being well suited for automatic fire. Literature advises to clean it just attach to a .223 rifle, fire a few shots, and its clean. Which silencer do you purchase and how did the test fire go out of that MAC?

Getting slower!

Well that's a lie. Got surprised by one today.

Form 1 suppressor.

Submitted 2/25/21
Received 3/25/21

I'm not prepped for this one, haven't even gotten it engraved yet. Wasn't expecting it so fast.

80B0F50E-7223-44EC-9ADB-5C0555429A9F.jpeg

My SOT finally got the YHM R9 I ordered some time ago. They advertised it as being well suited for automatic fire. Literature advises to clean it just attach to a .223 rifle, fire a few shots, and its clean. Which silencer do you purchase and how did the test fire go out of that MAC?
Never purchased a full welding 9mm can. I get serviceable ones so I can use on 22lr also. Anyway some say to spray a bunch of WD-40 in it let it soak then blast it out with .223 and such if the can is able to handle the rounds. But really you don't have to worry to much about it. I find people over state the need to clean cans. Except 22lr they definitely need it obviously. Just have fun with it.

Well that's a lie. Got surprised by one today.

Form 1 suppressor.

Submitted 2/25/21
Received 3/25/21

I'm not prepped for this one, haven't even gotten it engraved yet. Wasn't expecting it so fast.

View attachment 848587
Not a total lie, you don't know what the wait is sometimes and sometimes you get luck. Form 1 is definitely faster. Been thinking of doing something like this too.

I'm surprised more modular can manfacturers don't sell their cans in packs in order to give a person the ability to file a Form 1. I'm sure the fear of "unregistered suppressors in the wild" would be a thing, but it would be nice to see in the short term.

And I mean real manufacturers, not those "fuel filter" veneers.

I'm surprised more modular can manfacturers don't sell their cans in packs in order to give a person the ability to file a Form 1. I'm sure the fear of "unregistered suppressors in the wild" would be a thing, but it would be nice to see in the short term.

And I mean real manufacturers, not those "fuel filter" veneers.
Why pay all the fees and regs to properly make a suppressor, to sell kits, that can be made into illegal suppressors and have your company shut down because of it? We are living in the dying end of companies making kits for form 1 suppressors. Day after day another kit manufacturer gets shut down. One of the biggest, diversified machine, was recently shut down.

Some have reopened since, essentially requiring approval before a kit will be shipped to you to complete. This may be the way of the future for suppressor kits. Otherwise it is back to those that have the means to make them from scratch like the older days.

I don't see any manufacturer that makes complete suppressors getting into the form 1 business. Especially as most form 4 suppressor manufacturers are barely keeping up with the demand as is.

Why pay all the fees and regs to properly make a suppressor, to sell kits, that can be made into illegal suppressors and have your company shut down because of it? We are living in the dying end of companies making kits for form 1 suppressors. Day after day another kit manufacturer gets shut down. One of the biggest, diversified machine, was recently shut down.

Some have reopened since, essentially requiring approval before a kit will be shipped to you to complete. This may be the way of the future for suppressor kits. Otherwise it is back to those that have the means to make them from scratch like the older days.

I don't see any manufacturer that makes complete suppressors getting into the form 1 business. Especially as most form 4 suppressor manufacturers are barely keeping up with the demand as is.

There's a lot of common sense in this members post here that people will skim through and not take to heart.

it's the same situation with p80's. You put out a product that a lot of people want, you put time and research into development while also paying for your staff/building/equipment/utilities, legal protection all just to be slapped in the face by doj or fbi or atf and have your company negatively broadcasted over MSM in the face of 300 million uneducated viewers and have your company shut down. Or worst case, become imprisoned for illegal firearm sales.

Same goes for cans but on a wayyyy larger scale with INSANE legal repercussions for weaving outside the line of the law. Especially when talking about NFA items. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think there should be ANY gun laws. Furthermore I think suppressors are accessories that should be sold over the counter without any registration or tax stamp. I also think guns should be handled the same way. But that's neither here nor there.

What I'm getting at is this- a company like silencerco or surefire is not going to push the line and risk their already LEGAL (for now), booming, multi million dollar biz to pump out some 80% DIY suppressor kits to appease the form 1 crowd. Nor do I think they should be doing that. They (and other manufacturers) spend a lot of time and money on research development and quality control, and to expect them to hand off a fully designed bad a$$ can at a fraction of the price, without papers, just so you can avoid your form 4 and drill 5 holes in the baffles and call yourself a builder seems unrealistic. These companies probably have a yearly attorney retainer fee in the hundreds of thousands to protect them from any unforeseen legal BS they may come across. And I guarantee those attorneys are saying "don't you effing dare consider selling solvent traps".
They're not going to risk it all by selling "DIY" cans when they're already making a f**k ton of money doing what they're doing now with the blessing of the government.

I got nothing wrong with building a form 1 can and I hope to do one some day just for the experience. But I think expecting a major manufacturer of suppressors to start pumping out DIY's is unrealistic.

If you wanna build your own bad a$$ can, do some research and make your own plans and specs and build that sucker out! If you don't have the means to do so, Wish.com sells solvent traps.

But by God, whatever you do please make sure you have an approved form 1 in hand before you do anything. The ATF is getting ready to shoot your dog and bend you over your own kitchen table over a pistol brace. Don't let them catch you with a "solvent trap".

Rant over... dammit my beer is room temperature now... :mad::s0059:

Does anybody know if the ATF still batches stamps that have all been cashed? I've had them batch 2 or 3 stamps sent through the same day. Now I have 2 that are about 2 months out, and I'm hoping they get processed together, but I'm not getting my hopes up...

My first three were batch processed and purchased 4-month's and 4-weeks apart. One can had only be in jail 2-weeks when the stamp came back. I thought my SOT was playing a joke on me. Now it is taking the ATF 3-4 weeks just to get the tax stamp mailed after approval.

Did the ATF change the Form 1 process again? I haven't submitted one in about 15 months or so. I got the emails after completing my usual steps online, and it seems to indicate I only need to send the cover letter and my prints in to the ATF; nothing indicated for my CLEO, which is very different than what I remember at the end of 2019.

Just recently tracked the progress of my (Form 4) suppressor purchase through Silencershop; it was just updated today showing that the Tax Stamp check was cashed on 03/29/2021! From what I have read in this thread, now my countdown officially begins!

Form 4 is currently returning stamps at 6 to 8 month. Expect it to move more towards 8 months for a bit.

Sources include:
Silencer Shop
Capitol Armory
Social media / Forums
ATF
My current experience.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA