JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I add 7 months to the 'check cashed' date and put a memo in my phone. Then I don't even begin to think about them until then. Even then its often 2-3 months past that. They are all paid for so that's behind me too. Have never called and asked where they were, figured it wouldn't matter. They work at their own glacial speed anyway.

For sure. The first ones I just let be. The cruelest moment was my local FFL calling me when they RECEIVED first suppressors and left me a voicemail "their in give us a call". My mind jumped to "go pick them up!". I then called and they meant well it was an invite to come hold them or use them in the indoor range on site, but ya I had to wait another 4 months. Its like a hot girl out of the blue flashing ya then going, na JK. 0-100 then back down to 0 in 1 second.

For sure. The first ones I just let be. The cruelest moment was my local FFL calling me when they RECEIVED first suppressors and left me a voicemail "their in give us a call". My mind jumped to "go pick them up!". I then called and they meant well it was an invite to come hold them or use them in the indoor range on site, but ya I had to wait another 4 months. Its like a hot girl out of the blue flashing ya then going, na JK. 0-100 then back down to 0 in 1 second.
Does seem cruel of them but they just want your $$

Somebody help me out. My SOT sent me a text today. He called ATF to determine where about 6 or 7 of his sales were in the queue. ATF said my gun was "in progress". WTF is that? ATF has 4 status categories that I know. None, pending, error, approved. Does anyone have a clue? Check cashed early June 2018.
"In Process" likely means Pending. As long as you didn't get the dreaded Pending FBI Background Check, you should be okay.

Approval time seems to be around 9-1/2 to 10 months, and early July dates are currently being approved.

I add 7 months to the 'check cashed' date and put a memo in my phone. Then I don't even begin to think about them until then. Even then its often 2-3 months past that. They are all paid for so that's behind me too. Have never called and asked where they were, figured it wouldn't matter. They work at their own glacial speed anyway.

I think it's worth at least one phone call towards the end, just to make sure you didn't get sucked into the FBI vortex. Otherwise, calling just makes it worse.

I once called the day after it was approved, which made that one week feel twice as long as the previous 6 months. Don't do that to yourself, trust me!

Last Edited:
Form 1 - Trust (first time Ive used the trust, it was created in 2015)
Submitted: 12/17/2018
Approved: 4/30/2019

Went through Pending FBI Background check and all, finally got it! Contacted my Rep halfway into the FBI situation though. I still had my dad as a trustee as well and was asked to amend that, guess the law has changed since I created it.

Last Edited:
Mine was cashed 10/21/18 so I figure I've got at least a few months left. It doesn't seem to be a "wait in line" kind of thing because some people get theirs quicker than others so there is some randomness to it. Perhaps they need to look a little closer at certain individuals? Someone told me it's either instant approval once it passes their desk or else gets sent to the FBI where it could take who knows how long.

I'm a one year type I'm guessing. Must be the name. Too common maybe. Who knows.

Next Tuesday is 12 months on the last one.

It's been fun to say the least.

I'm likely not buying anymore.

Once I get the last one out of jail, it will be hard to want to go through this process again.

I'm a bit younger, so maybe in my lifetime as I get closer to 50 or 60 the process will have gotten better and I'll look to get more.

Today is day 1 for a direct thread Radical Firearms SS .30 cal can.....

See it next fall.

YHM Turbo in bound - now to forget about it for a very long time. Probably should have Form 1'd another, oh well ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top