JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
as i am in my 14th month, i called the atf yesterday on a whim, have not done so since last summer. the very helpful young lady told me that i was approved in january. i went to the dealer, provided that little tidbit, and they brought out my items, did the bgc and sent me on my way with goodies. they didn't explain why they've been sitting on my stamps and i didn't ask, i hear enough excuses at work. suffice it to say that there's a human element to the process. i will say that i never called the dealer to pester them so this wasn't some sort of revenge thing, i'm a decent customer in good standing with several k of recent purchases. long story short, sometimes it pays to call

as i am in my 14th month, i called the atf yesterday on a whim, have not done so since last summer. the very helpful young lady told me that i was approved in january. i went to the dealer, provided that little tidbit, and they brought out my items, did the bgc and sent me on my way with goodies. they didn't explain why they've been sitting on my stamps and i didn't ask, i hear enough excuses at work. suffice it to say that there's a human element to the process. i will say that i never called the dealer to pester them so this wasn't some sort of revenge thing, i'm a decent customer in good standing with several k of recent purchases. long story short, sometimes it pays to call
Still, it is their job to call you. They enter it into their book when it arrives. I get the human element part of your post. Hope it's just a one time thing.

it'll be a one time thing with me, there's other suppressor dealers
No, I meant that everyone makes a mistake now and then. But considering how we all make noise about how long our cans are "in jail", and a couple of days extra is no big thing, it is kinda important to us. I have one that charges too much and while I'll do other business with them I won't use them to hold any future cans of mine.

upload_2019-3-27_16-34-32.gif

I called two weeks ago to the hotline to literally bubblegum to my examiner about the 18 months I've waited on my Oculus. I also Hail Mary'd Rep Walden's office via phone calls (x6), emails (x at least 20) and even a mailed letter.

Something got through. Who knows which.

I pick it up tomorrow.

4 months into a Form 1 wait myself. Would like to try and get a suppressor next but I seem to get FBI delayed frequently so that's a bit worrying.

Last Edited:
2 suppressors on a trust from 9/1/2018...still waiting...

Thinking about doing a Form 1 DIY build for supersonic 5.56/7.62, but it is possible that it would get approved about the same time as my other cans, and I am not sure about building my first solvent trap since I don't have a garage, access to a drill press or other required tools.

Any news on your UPIN? When I sent in my form I wasn't aware at that time part of the 7 line address required "Module D-1" on the envelope. That should be good for a 3 to 4 month delay.

Not a word. I prob didn't add that either haha. Im just surprised my rep gave a shiz about my ATF request being in Western WA with all D politicians.

I'm recieving a cz scorpion micro on Wednesday. Wondering if I should efile a form1 to sbr it. Seen some people on Facebook receiving their tax stamps in 14 days. That's crazy fast. My last SBR a couple years back took 4 months.

I'm recieving a cz scorpion micro on Wednesday. Wondering if I should efile a form1 to sbr it. Seen some people on Facebook receiving their tax stamps in 14 days. That's crazy fast. My last SBR a couple years back took 4 months.

Do it. I'm seeing the same thing. Unfortunately this is rare for the ATF so it likely won't last more than a few months. Get your stamps now while you can before the long waits again.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top