JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With that attitude you will weather this BS better than others.
Ya, I'm done with it. I'll get them when I get them.

Every once in a while I'll get squirrelly and call. It usually just makes me feel down and sad for the few hours after hearing nothing has changed.

Then I'm back to feeling nothing.

The atf kept telling me "Should be cleared up quickly" on my FBI delay. Really seems like a scam. Heard of people calling their Reps to try and get shiz moving.
Ya I did that. Only federal level republican is Greg Walden. His office did nothing with my request.

I'm considering looking at State or smaller. I'm curious if @RicInOR might have any contacts worthy of helping out. I've yet to ask him. I'll tag him here.

I'm new at this and ignorant so...
Why is this taking anything longer than an NIC check?

It should be "Are you a prohibited person?--No."
"Got $200?--Yep."
"Here's your stamp."

Why is this not the case?

I'm new at this and ignorant so...
Why is this taking anything longer than an NIC check?

It should be "Are you a prohibited person?--No."
"Got $200?--Yep."
"Here's your stamp."

Why is this not the case?
This organization called the guberment.

The wait is 1 part understaffed NFA branch, 1 part purposeful hoops and ladders to detour purchases.

This organization called the guberment.

The wait is 1 part understaffed NFA branch, 1 part purposeful hoops and ladders to detour purchases.
Aww...
I get the hoops angle, but the purchase was already made before I even started the process for a stamp. And the damn thing should be on auto pilot anyway. Prints, pic and ssn through a computer. If no flag comes up then bingo. I walk out with my suppressor or SBR etc.
Hell, at this rate I'll already be deaf before I get my suppressor.

GWS...Over the last 10 years or so NFA weapons have seen a meteoric rise in popularity. Govt. like all lumbering bureaucratic behemoths is very slow to respond in a meaningful way. Add to that it's about guns. The most evil guns on the planet. Do you really think the politicians care? Who knows how many 100,000's of forms were sent in before you waiting for data entry. Bar coding has eased that but its new. Then those 100,000's are sent to a new pile to be assigned and sent to an examiner. Then that pile of 100,000's of forms are sent to the FBI for a NICS background check. This is a black hole for some reason. Your form can sit there for 12-18 months or more and they could care less. And there is no way to communicate with them. The ATF was making progress and the shut down. ATF and FBI contract workers were released. Now the good news! The new Pelosi budget some how managed to squeak out increased funding for ATF. Maybe some will go to West Virginia.

Last Edited:
If you can drill holes and do adequate internet research, you can make your own can. My last form 1 took about a month from sitting at work thinking about it, to actually shooting it.

If you can drill holes and do adequate internet research, you can make your own can. My last form 1 took about a month from sitting at work thinking about it, to actually shooting it.
Lol, you and @Dyjital have me thinking about this more and more. I'd likely get it back and built before the form 4 manufactured can gets back to me lol.

I found a great online source of prefabbed baffles out of 17-4 that have me really considering it.

https://totalityindustries.com/shop?olsPage=products

ooohhhh, cool site, I've been thinking of making another one in .30...

I've only built two, both in 9mm, but if you can do titanium, DO IT. my three lug 9mm can is about 6.5"x1.5" and weighs 12.5oz with the 3 lug adapter. You don't even notice it on the end of my 9mm AR or 300blk.

If its a pistol can, you can do just one SS or Ti baffle up front followed by aluminum or more Ti. Those radial cones look nice.

The only thing is, I dont know how well my cans stack up to commercial cans in regards to sound levels. Mine are the only ones I have shot, or even been around for that matter.

Last Edited:
This video is 6 years old. In the first 2 minutes you see what the ATF NFA divisions interior looks like. Little has changed. Don't forget about the FBI background check which is not seen and is insulated from any inquiry including from the ATF

Finally got my first stamp, 14 months in the making!! It's a hardened arms pinned and welded stingray 5.56 upper. Planning on testing it out on Friday. Can't wait!!!! I have the binary trigger on the lower and ready to go play. :D:D:D

4FA1BB2A-DC97-4A9B-9B35-5A212F677821.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top