JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do I need to to qualify what I hear, as well as lots of others? Real question. Numbers mean squat when you apply REAL WORLD applications. Don't try to instigate anything here, ears don't lie. I read numbers all day long but what a person can actually witness is what really matters. That's is all I really need to say about it, but to answer your question, no, I do not build suppressors.
Oh, well I do. A few I think I'm at 70 this year so far which is half decent for a one man shop and they are top tier. I know the topic somewhat well and I know the industry quite well. The problem with numbers is they do lie when they aren't very strictly gathered . Everyone can only hear the firing pin. I hear it all the time.

Do I need to to qualify what I hear, as well as lots of others? Real question. Numbers mean squat when you apply REAL WORLD applications. Don't try to instigate anything here, ears don't lie. I read numbers all day long but what a person can actually witness is what really matters. That's is all I really need to say about it, but to answer your question, no, I do not build suppressors.
Not to mention there is published testing that readily supports you can get down to 111db with a suppressed 22lr and subsonic ammo (especially when using a long barreled bolt action).

Oh, well I do. A few I think I'm at 70 this year so far which is half decent for a one man shop and they are top tier. I know the topic somewhat well and I know the industry quite well. The problem with numbers is they do lie when they aren't very strictly gathered . Everyone can only hear the firing pin. I hear it all the time.
That's really informative, really it is. My issue is that you are coming across the same as every other over educated being I have to interact with in life, the same ones who are so smart that they cannot see truth. I really do not want to derail this thread and get it shut down, so I'll leave the "bigger" person thing to you. We will get to see how big you can be. I agree, your experience in building these are far more than me, that is truly irrelevant when it comes to what I hear with "MY" ears though. My ears don't lie to me, numbers on paper, and much more importantly, other peoples opinions about what they "THINK" I hear lie far more. I cannot change my perception of hearing, nor can you or anyone else. So, please, don't continue arguing a point that will never make the mark.

Not to mention there is published testing that readily supports you can get down to 111db with a suppressed 22lr and subsonic ammo (especially when using a long barreled bolt action).
I've done the same tests on that same gun with the same can (and others) and same ammo many times in the last few years. When I do real testing I use mil spec protocols and my impulse meter has a rise time of 25 microseconds which is faster than required by the spec. Those tests are always the same within +_1db as this (110-112 db).

Longer barrels and less powerful cartridges of course makes less blast as shown in the video above. Bolt action eliminates the noise from the action (which is often around 115 db). You could put any sort of regular sized suppressor on there and you will get roughly the same #s.

Last Edited:
Your ears aren't lying to you. A properly calibrated impulse meter with a fast rise time will simply confirm what is obvious to anyone that has shot a suppressed long barreled .22 with a low powered cartridge (and probably even obvious to most without any suppressor too).

Your ears aren't lying to you. A properly calibrated impulse meter with a fast rise time will simply confirm what is obvious to anyone that has shot a suppressed long barreled .22 with a low powered cartridge (and probably even obvious to most without any suppressor too).
Please don't use yer big werds like that, I'm just a dum simpleton who doesn't know my body :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top