JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all;

I just moved to Oregon and needed to ask for some advice. I already own a suppressor (7.62mm) on a Trust created in my previous state of residence. Now that I live in Oregon, I have hesitated to bring it to my new home due to lack of clarity on the law. I have read that I need to have authorization from the head LEO of the county, but I also read that a suppressor can not be owned on a Trust in Oregon. Again, I already own it, and have the tax stamp with ATF approval.

I was about to go to the Sheriff's department to learn more, but I have head the Sheriff in this county is not "pro-gun", and I don't want to be "bullied" or tricked into giving up on my rights. So any advice, tips, or clearity on the laws here would be helpful. I just want to go into the office more educated and able to ask the right questions.

Also, anyone with advice on a good NFA Trust lawyer in Northern Oregon would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Respectfully,

Airogue

The can is already purchased, already approved on a trust, then there nothing else to do. Even if it wasn't on a trust and was done individually, there's no need for re-approval.
Whoever told you that a new approval was needed, has no idea what they are talking about.

Aren't you required to let the ATF know it's crossing the invisible state lines?

Then wouldn't you want to re-certify the trust with an amended document stating the new address?
(not re-creating the trust- just adding a "this is the amended address"??)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top