JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm semi-active on a NFA-focused board and the majority opinion is that other than machine-guns, and some old and/or unique items, there is no real aftermarket for registered NFA items.

What say you? Has that been your observation or something else?

What little bit I pay attention to when it comes to NFA stuff, MG's are where it's at. SBR/S and suppressors seem to not be sold that often and when they are there isn't any money to be made.

That's basically what I've seen personally and the consensus I've seen elsewhere. I've seen some older guns that are non-MG NFA (e.g., Game Getter) go for a pretty penny. I'm doubtful on more modern creations.

Considering the transfer fees are both ways, and the fact your not truly going to save any money buying a used silencer, no thanks.

Silencers in my opinion are heirloom purchases. They will not leave the family, at least that's what I think. I won't really care what becomes of them when I'm dead. Hopefully by then I'll set them up for transfer to my kid.

Both of my SBR projects started their lives as pistols (a MKE MP-5 clone and HK-33 clone). If I were to ever sell them, I would simply send a letter to BATF to remove them from the registry and then sell them as pistols.

However....the chances of me actually doing this are slim to zero as I intend to pass them on to my kids.

-E-

I don't own any NFA items, but my guess is it depends a lot on what the item is and its condition - more so than for non-NFA items.

NFA buyers are much smaller group too. There are probably a lot of people who would buy an NFA item if they didn't need to go thru the NFA system to buy it.

There are two reasons people sell NON MG NFA stuff. 1) "To save the marriage" which never works out. 2) going to jail. Other then that. No real reason to sell because it's a wash!

I'll disagree slightly. Suppressors or homebuilt AR SBRs have no resale value obviously, but factory SBRs or Form 1 "specialty" SBRs still have pretty good resale value. I dont think you'd lose much value if you sold a F1 SBRed SP5 for example.

It would be rough for me to buy a second hand can unless it was a screaming deal.

Isn't waiting part of the fun?

It would be rough for me to buy a second hand can unless it was a screaming deal.

Isn't waiting part of the fun?
Bingo why buy something when you can make it yourself. It would have to be a really good deal.

Hell I've turn down a free suppressor because I didnt think is was work the time and money to transfer it

I agree with the majority opinion in this case. There's just no point to selling and no real point to buying unless talking full auto.

With suppressors, due to the long wait time and the extra $200 for stamp, there seems to have been a push to make them better and more robust since they know you're going to end up with this thing for a lifetime. I have a Dead Air Sandman suppressor that is built like a tank. I have no doubt it will hold up to a lifetime of abuse.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top