1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

NFA ReSale?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by pslyke, Oct 21, 2009.

  1. pslyke

    pslyke Portland Active Member

    Likes Received:
    I was considering adding a tax stamp for my AR-pistol to make it an SBR...

    If I ever went to resell it- could I take off the stock and sell it as a normal pistol or would I have to do another ATF transfer for the whole SBR?

    not holding anyone to their response as legal advice- But if someone knows or has had experience :thumbup:
  2. Trlsmn

    Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    You would need to transfer it as an SBR on a Form 4
  3. NoAim

    NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

    Likes Received:
    This isn't quite true.

    If you sell it as is, it would be a SBR and the buyer would need to pay for the NFA transfer.

    However, if you remove and sell the upper (or have another SBR AR) you could then write the NFA branch of the ATF and have it removed from the registry and returned to a non NFA configuration. Once you get confirmation the remaining lower receiver is treated as a standard rifle receiver.