JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the Capitol Armory website: FYI

spacer.gif

NFA INDUSTRY NEWS
There is a new trend at the NFA branch that benefits everybody! Customers who submit 10 or more forms over a period of time are seeing all forms approved at once. Basically, when the NFA branch is reviewing the first form you submitted and is aware you have multiple forms pending, they'll approve all pending forms with the first one. This isn't just a rumor as we're seeing this happen a couple times a week and our NFA stamp collectors are loving it! For those of you who don't have multiple forms pending, this new process helps clear the queue and the NFA branch will get to your form faster.

I read it as "Spend $2,000 in tax dollars plus $7-10K in product cost, and only then will we 'help' out"!! I'll hold my breath and continue to expect a 10 month turnaround.

Move on little people, nothing to see here!

But only if you submit 10 or more? No chance I am gonna get both of my form 4s back at the same time even though they are like 6 months apart?
At one time they told us that we should not expect dual forms to go through the inspection together, that they might be given to 2 separate auditors. (Not very efficient at all) Nobody has ever accused the BATFE of being up-to-date and efficient.

I will say though, that if they really do make an effort to improve their processing, that I would be very pleased at anything they can do to shrink the times 'in jail'. That said, they have a might piss-poor track record!

So please, Mr BATFE, going forward prove us all wrong. We have been watching and hoping things will change, only to have the dashed every time.

Sounds like a ruse from Capitol Armory to sell more cans maybe.
Who is waiting on TEN stamps at the same time?
I am currently waiting on 5 and that is pretty out of control to most folks... but TEN????

Sounds like a ruse from Capitol Armory to sell more cans maybe.
Who is waiting on TEN stamps at the same time?
I am currently waiting on 5 and that is pretty out of control to most folks... but TEN????
I have dealt with CA for multiple items. They are great to deal with. But my point before was like yours. Who buys 10 at a time but dealers. Not the little people for sure. Drop the $200 fee and the price of cans will drop. Then the little people will begin to benefit.

I can provide at least one example of this being false. I had 10 stamps out:
  1. 6x with checks cashed June 2018
  2. 2x with checks cashed around August 2018
  3. 2x with checks cashed around September 2018
I've received the first six. Five were done by the same examiner and had the same date. One had a different examiner and a different approval date.

I haven't received the rest yet. So if they are doing this, they're doing it inconsistently or 10 isn't the threshold. However, they were also all on single shot trusts so that may have ruined their correlation of the items, as the recipient is the trust (different trust per item) rather than me personally.

I can provide at least one example of this being false. I had 10 stamps out:
  1. 6x with checks cashed June 2018
  2. 2x with checks cashed around August 2018
  3. 2x with checks cashed around September 2018
I've received the first six. Five were done by the same examiner and had the same date. One had a different examiner and a different approval date.

I haven't received the rest yet. So if they are doing this, they're doing it inconsistently or 10 isn't the threshold. However, they were also all on single shot trusts so that may have ruined their correlation of the items, as the recipient is the trust (different trust per item) rather than me personally.
The implication I read in the article was if you turned in 10 all at once now it would go faster. Not a total of 10 spread out over several months. In no way do I think this will ever affect me.

Ah, it wasn't clear what they meant by "over a period of time" and "aware you have multiple forms pending" I suppose.
I did go back and re-read the second sentence and you may be correct but it was mighty fuzzy. But then again, just how are we supposed to make them aware that we have others in the mix?

So I reached out for a clarification from CA. Here is the response:

They run a script to see how many are pending for you. The ATF states the metric is 10, but we've seen as few as 6 get batched approved.
When they get to your approval and they determine there are more pending, they will grab those further in the queue and process them all at once.

We'll see if any of us get some of this attention.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top