JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,-
Just passing on what someone brought to my attention at the gun show in EXpo. He gave me a flier that summarizes the following:

PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO TRANSFER YOUR FIREARMS WITH A NFA LEGAL TRUST....
Basically it is saying that the way law is now written, a Trust will be the owner of the firearms so that they can be transferred...
The contact he gave was Kathy Conrady -Paralegal - 541-961-3722...

What are thoughts?

The reason why you can have firearms in a trust today, is because the law allows it. If the goal is to take your firearms, and the law changes, I don't see why the law regarding trusts can't change either. So yeah, good luck :)

Yes many of us have NFA trusts now, and you even state NFA trusts in your quote. They are for NFA items and just one way of transferring them. The big reason the NFA trust route became so popular is many folks could not get local LEO to sign off on their Form 1 or 4. With a trust you do not need a LEO sign off.

How this might protect you from a ban I have no idea. There is NO way to protect yourself from something that does not exist. The only real way to protect yourself is to keep it from happening in the first place.

Sorry, I'm not subscribing to the idea that the trust would be your get-out-of-jail-free card if an AWB II, newly created laws or some executive order restricts or prohibits ownership of firearms. Any party to the trust or corporation would still need to qualify for legal ownership as spelled out in the yet-to-be-determined laws. The devil would be in the details. (+1 to fd and NWCID )

If "Slimestein's" bill passes then I feel this is a good step we can take to help protect our firearms. Is this a "get-out-of-jail-free" card? Don't know, but I would rather have something than nothing. This is something to discuss with the lawyer preparing the trust, etc. Just my thoughts. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top