JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OregonNFAFacts.jpg
I'm really surprised by 1,365 SBR's in Oregon. Presumably, a goodly portion of those are individuals with multiple SBR stamps. So, just 1,000 or so SBR owners in Oregon? Something about that sounds wrong. The way it reads here on NWFA, tons more people than that should be reflected in that number.

Oh well, facts are facts, I guess.

Yeah it is weird. Washington has four times more machine guns than SBR's even though machine guns have been illegal since 1994

Notice the Cali numbers? I know its because of high population but I am seriously surprised to see the California numbers

Yeah it is weird. Washington has four times more machine guns than SBR's even though machine guns have been illegal since 1994

Machine guns were (relatively) cheap back before 1994!

Notice the Cali numbers? I know its because of high population but I am seriously surprised to see the California numbers

There's a company in California (I forget the name) that owns thousands and thousands of NFA items for use in movies and TV. I read an article on them a few years ago, they're probably a large part of the numbers (along with LE of course).

LEO guns I dont think are NFA items? Not sure about that. I assume they are all grandfathered guns which where owned prior to the 94 ban

NFA guns owned by government agencies are still NFA items, but they're registered on a form other than the Form 4 we all have.

Perhaps the NFA items in Cali are all grandfathered?

LEO guns, if owned by the LEO, are still privately owned guns, subject to NFA. Only department owned guns would be excluded.

Perhaps the NFA items in Cali are all grandfathered?

LEO guns, if owned by the LEO, are still privately owned guns, subject to NFA. Only department owned guns would be excluded.

Agency owned NFA items are not exempt from NFA requirements. They're registered on a Form 5, "Application for Tax Exempt Transfer and Registration of Firearm".

https://www.atf.gov/file/11371/download

Stembridge was the california operation that had a bunch of movie guns. They went out of business years ago and there are other smaller operations doing it now. Machine Guns are legal but never approved to purchase in California.

The Oregon numbers are out of whack. 19,000 destructive devices and 1300 SBR's? What? Seems to me they might be counting law enforcement agency guns and 40mm grenades etc. instead of civilian guns and devices.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top