JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was out there on March 12 and March 13 trying to locate this area. Some recent snow had fallen. Maybe 2 to 3 inches. Was easily passable in 4WD. A few others had passed by and there were good tracks to follow. Car could probably make it if you were careful. At least I think I could. I was trying to find this place and could not at first. I ended up finding a rock quarry on Rock Creek Ridge Rd. Looking at the map, I think I see where I missed the turn off for the area mentioned here.

All the same, I had some fun shooting at the quarry on Rock Creek Ridge Rd. Picked up all my brass and targets like a good target shooter.

I am considering joining you fellas on March 20. I don't have many "gun friends," and I am not a real social person, and I am kinda a beginner with guns still. So I usually go out solo. Finding that solo shooting is not as much fun though. So, I am thinking about joining you March 20 to meet some other "gun people."

This is where we were this last Saturday. Easiest accessed off The Wilson River Hwy #6.
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?c...cd=2&cad=src:pplink&ei=xLWdS9LUOZmKtQOL4oDWAw

Or go to google maps and search for Brown's camp, Tillamook Ore. It shows the staging area off of Hwy#6 up saddle mountain road the directions are very good.
From Banks:

Banks, OR

1. Head south on S Main St/OR-47 S toward Sunset Ave
0.6 mi
2. Turn right to merge onto OR-6 W/NW Wilson River Hwy
16.3 mi
3. Turn left at F B I Rd
226 ft
4. Turn right at Saddle Mountain Rd
0.7 mi
5. Take the 1st right to stay on Saddle Mountain Rd
0.5 mi