Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NFA Engraving.

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by df662, Jan 8, 2012.

1. df662

df662 Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Guys I read a few posts on here that recommended Bye engraving in PDX for NFA engraving. Anyone have first hand experience with them. Can anyone that has had a nfa engraving done by them post a pic, I would just like to see the quality of their work. Of course please cover up the individual name/tust name prior to posting pics :)

2. oregonty

oregonty Salem, OR Active Member

I have used BYE Engraving. They are a great company and the guys who do the engraving are very nice and professional. I would highly recommend them. They will do the work while you watch / wait.
    004-8.jpg

3. df662

Thanks for the pic! Do you have to make an appt. or are walk ins ok with them? How long was the wait?

4. del_and_bones

del_and_bones Anchorage, AK Physics Pirate

I have a rather long name, so they knocked the font down a size. It's all still larger/deeper than the minimum requirement. They do quality work and are a great bunch of guys to talk to. The engraving is uniform, the paint I used to fill it in is what makes it look lumpy.

bye_sample2.jpg

They can usually fit in NFA engraving at a moments notice. Give them a call to verify they aren't working on a huge order. They weren't too busy when I had mine done, it took 20 minutes.

5. df662

Thanks for the replies guys! BTW what do they charge?

6. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I drive past them almost every day. I always wondered what they did at that location. Nice to know.

7. del_and_bones

I can't remember if it was $20 or $25 for the engraving.

8. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

I paid either $20 or $25 for mine. He did it while I waited and invited me back to watch. I called to make an appt, but don't think it was needed. Quality work, highly recommended.

9. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

i know this is a kind of a stupid question but do they ask you to show them your stamped Form1 before they agree to engrave? Better safe than sorry.

10. del_and_bones

They don't ask for the stamped form 1. I mean worst case, you get some anti-theft protection. Your name or the name of your trust and the city you live in is now engraved on your firearm.

11. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

So if you move to another state do you have to get it re engraved? (Question specific to suppressors).

12. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

No. It's the name and address of the maker or manufacturer at the time of making or manufacturing.

13. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Went in there a month ago to have an AR Lower engraved. Took me as a walk-in after calling first, stood there while they did it. Looks great, gonna color it in with some ' aluminum Jack's so it doesn't stand out so much. $25 out the door, no Form 1 required.

Greg