NFA engraving at BYE, photos of their awesome work!

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by NoLimePlease, Nov 29, 2016.

1. zul

zul
    PDX

Not completely true. Unfortunately, all suppressor parts are regulated unless they also serve a secondary non-suppressor function, so once the suppressor is fully manufactured, baffles/endcaps become a regulated part that you are not allowed to replace/repair unless you have the appropriate FFL. We all wish it were like firearms with one regulated part (the receiver) and the rest are freely available un unrestricted. Unfortunately the NFA was worded differently in relation to suppressors :(

Caliber changes are possible but you have to notify (or possibly get approval from?) the NFA branch of a change. That's the accepted standard in the F1 suppressor community anyway.

With that said, F1 suppressors are still a fun project and a great way to save money over retail versions. Personally I have two F1 silencers pending from last year.

NoLimePlease likes this.
  2. hyrax222

hyrax222
    Oregon City

BYE is the best. Wonderful folks, feels like family...

jbett98 and John Gault like this.
  3. Procyon

Procyon
    Camas, WA

They did the top of the inside of the trigger area for a couple of my SBRs.

4. Procyon

Procyon
    Camas, WA

$40 now? That is disappointing to hear. When I had BYE do my 3 SBR lowers back in the summer of 2014, he charged $25/each. I'll just pay $50 at SafeFire in Camas and save myself the drive.

5. NoLimePlease

NoLimePlease
    Portland
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2017 Volunteer

$40 sure seems like a very fair price for a gentleman to spend a hour with the skills and the equipment to do the job correctly in a brick and mortar business.

Good for you though to keep your business local :)

Stomper likes this.
  6. Procyon

Procyon
    Camas, WA

An hour? I think it took him 10 minutes for all 3.

7. Stomper

Stomper
    Ungovernable!
    Become Ungovernable! Gold Supporter

Hey, we pay income tax in the merry ol' land of Oregon, plus the costs of various business/occupation licenses, "business tax", 7.5% social security tax on top of the 7.5% taken from from each personal paycheck (15% total SS tax), Federal taxes, inventory & tool taxes, property taxes & mortgage/lease payments, CPA's to navigate you through all the BS to keep you out of "debtors' prison"..... things cost what they cost for a reason in a "compassionate society" of "free" this and that.

:rolleyes:

NoLimePlease likes this.
  8. Procyon

Procyon
    Camas, WA

;)

Stomper likes this.
  9. NoLimePlease

NoLimePlease
    Portland
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2017 Volunteer

10 minutes for all three? I need to grab my waders before I go any further in this conversation...