JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So the idea of serializing a suppressor tube would leave a guy completely open to baffle changes, caliber changes, and so on.

Not completely true. Unfortunately, all suppressor parts are regulated unless they also serve a secondary non-suppressor function, so once the suppressor is fully manufactured, baffles/endcaps become a regulated part that you are not allowed to replace/repair unless you have the appropriate FFL. We all wish it were like firearms with one regulated part (the receiver) and the rest are freely available un unrestricted. Unfortunately the NFA was worded differently in relation to suppressors :(

Caliber changes are possible but you have to notify (or possibly get approval from?) the NFA branch of a change. That's the accepted standard in the F1 suppressor community anyway.

With that said, F1 suppressors are still a fun project and a great way to save money over retail versions. Personally I have two F1 silencers pending from last year.

Interesting, work they did look nice I have been looking around for a engraver. My previous jobs were done by laser and it turned out exelent. I'm am curious if he can engrave the bottom of a trigger guard. I must say laser work is hard to beat when done correctly. But maybe I should call and see what they can or can not do.

They did the top of the inside of the trigger area for a couple of my SBRs.

$40 now? That is disappointing to hear. When I had BYE do my 3 SBR lowers back in the summer of 2014, he charged $25/each. I'll just pay $50 at SafeFire in Camas and save myself the drive.

$40 now? That is disappointing to hear. When I had BYE do my 3 SBR lowers back in the summer of 2014, he charged $25/each. I'll just pay $50 at SafeFire in Camas and save myself the drive.

$40 sure seems like a very fair price for a gentleman to spend a hour with the skills and the equipment to do the job correctly in a brick and mortar business.

Good for you though to keep your business local :)

An hour? I think it took him 10 minutes for all 3.

Hey, we pay income tax in the merry ol' land of Oregon, plus the costs of various business/occupation licenses, "business tax", 7.5% social security tax on top of the 7.5% taken from from each personal paycheck (15% total SS tax), Federal taxes, inventory & tool taxes, property taxes & mortgage/lease payments, CPA's to navigate you through all the BS to keep you out of "debtors' prison"..... things cost what they cost for a reason in a "compassionate society" of "free" this and that.

:rolleyes:

Hey, we pay income tax in the merry ol' land of Oregon, plus the costs of various business/occupation licenses, "business tax", 7.5% social security tax on top of the 7.5% taken from from each personal paycheck (15% total SS tax), Federal taxes, inventory & tool taxes, property taxes & mortgage/lease payments, CPA's to navigate you through all the BS to keep you out of "debtors' prison"..... things cost what they cost for a reason in a "compassionate society" of "free" this and that.

:rolleyes:

;)

BYE did the engraving on my Scorpion, really cool people, and will for sure be my stop for the next SBR.

Kind of resurrecting an old thread, but I'm about to make an appointment to get my Scorpion engraved at BYE. What location did you end up doing the engraving, trying to find a place as hidden as possible. Thanks!

You paid $50 with BYE? Was it for multiple items or anything special?

Nope. Just walked in and asked for engraving my lower. I was referred by ORW. On the way out got charged $50. Total characters was 23. I didn't ask the price before getting the work done. Don't think it was anything special. B.A.D billet lower. First name, last name, city, state. Now I'm thinking I need to change my 5* yelp rating. As I can see I paid more than everyone else here.

Last Edited:
Nope. Just walked in and asked for engraving my lower. I was referred by ORW. On the way out got charged $50. Total characters was 23. I didn't ask the price before getting the work done. Don't think it was anything special. B.A.D billet lower. First name, last name, city, state. Now I'm thinking I need to change my 5* yelp rating. As I can see I paid more than everyone else here.

Soooo.....
The current procedures at B.Y.E. Are as follows:
Rifle engraving with appt: $40.00
Rifle engraving without appointment: $40-50
Rifle engraving when they are busy without appt: bring Ulysses S. Grant with you, and make sure Abraham Lincoln shakes her hand :)

For those in the newberg area, I had Cascade Lazer Corp. Engrave my ar-15 lower. They do a lot of the LEO engraving and were fully aware of the depth and size requirements for NFA item engraving. Took about 20 minutes and cost $12.50 in 2015. Not sure what they cost now but they did good work and were very friendly, and local.

Got my scorpion done this week, $40 but I made an appointment. Was able to get it on the trigger guard, so awesome and inconspicuous.

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_2661.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews