JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm building a very custom 48 Willys CJ-2A Jeep and I'm going to have these guys engrave all my Knobs for the switches and various pull cables so they all look like stock and all match. I can't wait to get to that point in the project. I been hanging on to their info since this thread first got started.

Just got my AR engraved today 6/1/2018, from bye, they did a pretty good job I'm happy he had to work some trough angles to get it where I wanted, but he pulled it off. In the past, I had to get it lasered in that location. He had to do some extra set up but was way cool, and a nice guy to chat with and watch him work. Price was more than fair. I recommend!

I'm considering submitting my first form one to make an SBR but I want the NFA engraving in black. It would be an aluminum receiver. Does BYE just engrave it and I'd have to finish it myself? I want it to look like this:
ar-15-lower-custom-engraved-with-nfa-engraving-1920-1024x416.jpg

I'm considering submitting my first form one to make an SBR but I want the NFA engraving in black. It would be an aluminum receiver. Does BYE just engrave it and I'd have to finish it myself? I want it to look like this:
View attachment 470791

Yea you would need to get it Cerakoted after. Also whoever does paint it if they media blast it you want to talk to them about the engraving so they don't bugger it up. It is possible to Cerakote over anodizing or Cerakote, often it's not suggested but it can be done with good results. I just had BYE do my second engrave (my first was done by laser somewhere else). I would recommend them for this area they are good people and fair price. Call them ahead they should be able to get you in quickly.

I used Testors model paint in flat black to fill the engravings. Worked puuurfect.

On the pistol I want to SBR the upper receiver is actually the serialized part so Cerakote would cost more and be a bit of a hassle compared to just an AR lower. Doing a bit more reading it sounds like that's a common approach along with Birchwood Casey aluminum black. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Bye engraved my Z-5RS this morning. I made an appointment and was charged $40. Great work and they were able to engrave inside of the rail.

I also saw this posted on the wall.....so take note if you are the impatient type. :D

20180706_094846.jpg

Just curious if anyone knows if Bye can engrave inside the mag well? I've seen some folks do their engraving inside the mag well so it remains almost invisible unless inspected. I like that idea, but not sure who can do it.

Just curious if anyone knows if Bye can engrave inside the mag well? I've seen some folks do their engraving inside the mag well so it remains almost invisible unless inspected. I like that idea, but not sure who can do it.

I don't believe they can, it's been a few years but I tried with mine. Ended up doing the trigger well instead, laser would be your best bet for that engraving.

It depends on your lower. But yes they can if the mag well is flared out enough. They may charge a little extra for setup.

Very nice guys and gals there. Had mine engraved there last week thanks to this thread. Made an appointment to stop by and was in and out in an hour or so. Pretty cool watching them set up the old engraving machine. A simple way to get legal. Fair price at all of 2 twenties.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top