JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
(Maybe make this thread a sticky for others to post their NFA wait times as well?)

Sent off my first NFA papers to West Virgina... let's document the wait time

My Form-1 w/Trust paperwork for my Draco SBR project... :s0155:

Mailed: 11-15-2011

Received: 11-18-2011

Check Cashed/Cleared: 11-29-2011

Tax Stamp Approved: 5-16-2012

Tax Stamp Received: 5-24-2012

ATF Official/Examiner: Sandra J Snook

SIX MONTHS ALMOST TO THE DAY TO PROCESS!!!

Before...
100_2273.jpg

NOW!!... Come to Butthead my fine little SBR!! :s0155:
IMAG0191.jpg
IMAG0190.jpg

Welcome to NFA purgatory. I've been a resident for about 6 months, on my can the form 3 took 2 months and then my dealer didn't send the forms for a month. I hope your stay is shorter and smoother than mine.

If you wait a month you can call the NFA branch (304-616-4500) to find out when it went pending. Be sure to have the serial number if you do call. Contrary to popular belief you get a secretary that only does status checks and not the examiners themselves.

Nick if you don't mind me asking, when did you send your forms in and who was your examiner? Was it Snook?

My first form went in (SBR) on may 20th and came back I think on september 26th, and my other went out June 23rd and came back at the end of October. I cant remeber the dates exactly, i have it written down somewhere. One of my examiners was Snook, but the other was someone else. I think my two went in right as they were reconfiguring the approval process. Supposedly to streamline things. I have another form 4 in right now and it is approaching the 4 month mark, so we will see how consistent it stays. I dont know who you used for your transfer, but I wouldnt be happy if they waited that long to send things! I have used tornado technologies in hillsboro and they are amazing, Goldie and Mike are great, they have my business always.

Stomper- I would expect you will see them cash your check immediately, and then the wait begins!

Nick

I had one from may that came back end of October, I have another that went pending beginning of August and it's still pending, and am now waiting on a dealer to dealer form 3 in the one month mark. Guess you will have your toy right about middle of summer.

Yeah unfortunately waqit times are getting longer. I just got my last form 1 back a few days ago. All my form 1/4's before this one were usually 90 days door to door.

1. NFA Item: SBS
2. Form Type: Form 1
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: 07/01/2011
5. Check Cashed: ?
6. Pending Date: 8/8/2011
7. Approved Date: 12/31/2011
8. Form Received: 1/5/2012
8. Examiner Name: Ann Feltner

If you have a dealer that makes you wait fo no good reason then you need to find another. If it was me, I would let other people know what this dealer is doing. Some dealers will wait until they have several forms to submit which to me is a bunch of bull....

Ouch... Six month wait on that, huh? Was that run as a trust or individual? If it was as an individual hopefully mine will be less, as mine is run as a trust, so hopefully that saves me a month since no FBI criminal background check is conducted.

It was a trust, i really hoped it would be in the 90 day mark, but it looks like 6 mos is the norm now. I should go ahead and jump on the suppressors now, since it won't be until mid summer before I can hope to get them back.

I've heard they are actually reviewing the trust for certain legal verbiage, which would explain twice the wait. I cannot cite this info, just what I've read on some of the big national forums.

I think since the transition to an examiner assigned to specific states, the workload increased for our examiner, Snook. Since now Washington is in the NFA game, I'm sure lots of people were waiting for the 'right' to own their NFA items and it's causing a backlog. Hopefully it slows down and gets a little better soon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top