JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Care to help spiff up the lanes?

• Total voters
Reactions
We're going to clean up the shooting lanes at North Fork Wolf Creek Rd shooting lanes so they are clean for the contractor to do his thing on Lane 3. All 4 lanes will be closed to the public starting Sat morning, for contractor safety while working, but we will have exclusive use to play after this clean up! Lanes will remain closed for at least 1 week.

Meet at Lane 3, at 9 AM: Google Maps

We'll need a couple pickup trucks to haul the trash to a location to be announced later.

Bring a lunch, gloves, weather clothing and toys for the After Party. Get it done and have some fun!

Pretty easy clean up this time. Not much there, but we don't want the contractor to have to deal with it. It'll be much nicer when we reopen the lanes!

Details of the improvement work here: NF Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes Upgrade Project...

I, in an unlikely turn, will be good to go for this one.

I'll be in the small pickup so can help with that part too.

NO TARGET SHOOTING FOR ONE WEEK!

All 4 shooting lanes will be closed from Nov 3rd to Nov 10, or until work is complete, for the rebuild of Lane 3.

Join us Sat, Nov 3rd for a cleanup and review of our plans for the North Fork Wolf Creek Rd Recreational Shooting Lanes! Meet at 9 AM.

Map: Google Maps

Closed 11-3-18.jpg

Yeah, the main NF road is real good and smooth, the road up the hill has some pot holes but slow and easy can avoid them. Not rutted out. Should be fine.

I sold off my Suburban SUV and I'm down to only one vehicle ATM.... are the gravel roads in decent enough shape that you'd drive a Mercedes sedan on them?

Hate sounding like a "kept snob", but there it is.... ;)
You can park your car at my place and hitch a ride with me if you like.

My matrix with factory body kit made it with no scraping earlier this summer. I'm looking forward to this clean up because I will finally be able to break in my scorpion after more than a month of not having time to get out and shoot it. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

I'll be there, and I just had new shocks and struts installed in my Outback (and yes, my excessive use of the lanes helped to expedite the failure of the OEM suspension, no seriously, right down to a broken ball joint), so if anyone need a lift, I'll be coming from Beaverton.

My matrix with factory body kit made it with no scraping earlier this summer. I'm looking forward to this clean up because I will finally be able to break in my scorpion after more than a month of not having time to get out and shoot it. Hopefully the weather will be nice.
I will be bringing my 10'x10' canopy which I've used successfully on lane 4 already, I'm sure other will bring some as well.

I see Tillamook State Forest put out their Blog about the closure... Tillamook State Forest Blog: Target Shooting

I have a good feeling this cleanup, on Sat, will be a dedicated core group N Fork Wolf Creek proponents. Perfect, because we'll be going over the design, time frame, costs and what we need to do for getting the remaining lanes done. We'll also touch on other lanes that are on the discussion table with ODF. The contractor should be there and may share a word or two. He may even join us for the After Party.

If you're coming on Saturday, which is the 3rd of November, (you know, that one day of nice weather this week?!!!), be sure to bring a lunch, outdoor clothes, smiley faces and shooting toys. We'll have us a good 'ol time!

Thanks All,

Bill

Contractor is putting up a gate tomorrow and we're posting a closed sign on it. We'll lock it up on the way out.

ODF is planning on hauling the trash out by pickup, so, no dumpster near by. I really don't think there's much more than 10 to 15 bags of trash. I plan to take at least one bag home and put it in the dumpster. Can't get away with any more than that.

My new AR15, that you awesome people graciously built for me, has some open sights that need adjusting. @FordPrefect gave them to me. Can someone help me with that? I've never fussed with these kind of sights. I think it's just the front sight.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top