Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NF- 45 closed

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Jabba, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Jabba

Jabba Oregon Member

Right at the bridge off of 224, big road closed sign and chain. The other end coming off of 211 was open, anybody know why the closure?

2. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

It should be open soon. Was closed because of the slides along that road. I hear it's a popular access road to Mt. Hood Nat Forest for target shooting.

3. Jabba

Jabba Oregon Member

Yes it is, I believe this forum organized a cleanup right in that area last year.

Cogs likes this.
  4. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Yeah, we did (Earth Day with USFS), however, I couldn't go to that one, so, I've never been down that road. Will be soon!

5. YOURSUPREMECOMMANDER

YOURSUPREMECOMMANDER Raleigh Hills, Or. Active Member

I came in from the backside and drove all the way to the Hellion Quarry and then some. Rock and mud slides are being fixed, so I eventually ran into a "Road Closed" sign.
    I did shoot at the Hellion quarry and a much deeper one 10.2 miles south of Hellion on 45.