JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wonder how many of these Bloomberg will pay for.

bfbc73902cdc013300b2005056a9545d.gif

elsie

Then we need to demand we have free access to PUBLIC designated shooting areas within a reasonable distance.

If thats the game they want to play, lets bend these liberal voters over and take as much $ for a FREE public shooting area we can.. Perhaps with all the bells and whistles.

yeah you can bet as more and more people get into outdoor recreation this will be an issue. More and more people are also getting into guns to and boy this is a sticky one for us to discuss because its the reckless slob shooters that are well.... gun owners.

It's amazing how regional that type of thinking is. My parents moved to Idaho a couple years ago. This range is about 10 minutes from their house <broken link removed> . Instead of having drive an hour to seek out a decent place to shoot, then hope your sweet, secret spot isn't already occupied, the county provides and maintains a great facility where probably 100 enthusiasts could shoot simultaneously. It's not just "tolerated" -- it's encouraged. Hint; The area is named after a former sheriff.
Seems like in this area shooting is almost a dirty secret. Propagandists.

I was able to tour a $2.9 million dollar estate, the loved trains so much he built a mile long loop of standard gauge track....ran speeders for his and friends entertainment,,, I like trains too, his restored English gambrel barn had the hay loft converted to a basketball court with modern blackboard...., but h kicker was his 50 yard in door range, much of it underground. I heard the local deputies used to use the range to practice...pity I don't have 2.9 mill.

Brutus Out

We really do need to be sure of backstops. I see a lot of people out shooting in the woods who are just asshats. No one wants to kill someone on the other side of a hill or through a bunch of brush.

As long as shooters keep leaving trash and acting irresponsibly this will be an issue. More so with the increase in urban dwellers that get into guns and don't have places to shoot.

The free/cheap publicly funded range idea would probably be the best solution but ... money ... taxes .... NIMBY.

We have a county range up here with two 100 yards target range.It's a continual problem to keep it cleaned up. With a cable across the driveway it makes it almost impossible to carry anything very big in to shoot up. One side is paved and the other is graveled.
Still two ATVs tore up the gravel side and what little gravel on the paved side. The target only seem to go one way ~~down range and get left after use.
Seem as though the majority of shooters don't care about the free use of the range and keeping it open to the public.
It's too bad the local users don't see the problems that you people on the west side have in finding a place to shoot.:(:(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top