JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like Ruger has finally put a longer barrel on the SR22.
Any comments?

3620.jpg
Model Number: 3620 | Caliber: 22 LR

Slide Material: Aluminum Slide Finish: Black Anodized
Grip Frame: Black Polymer
Sights: Adjustable 3-Dot
Barrel Length: 4.50"
Overall Length: 7.40"
Height: 4.90" Width: 0.97"
Weight: 18.7 oz. Capacity: 10
Twist: 1:16" RH Grooves: 6

Suggested Retail: $439.00

A deja vu moment....
A couple of years ago I did a target version w/6" barrel photo-shopped mock-up. (Just to mess with a buddy of mine... he tried to order it at Cabela's))
upload_2015-11-24_0-23-56.png .

Last Edited:
Nice. A sniper .22 pistol auto! Finally. Now all the hoodrats (funny when I typed hoodrat the word "Holder" came up as an autocorrect suggestion) can snipe like they do in those videah gamez.

Edit:
On a serious note; I wonder if it will shoot more variety on ammo flavors now?

Last Edited:
I own the original SR22, which I bought for training newbies in the use of tactical semi-autos. Out of the box this thing regularly stovepiped on the second round in a mag, every mag. It did this across the four (4) OEM factory mags I had (I labeled them) and across all of the several ammo types I used (CCI Mini-Mag, Armscor, Federal, American Eagle, Remington Bucket o' Bullets, all 36 grain CPHP high velocity).

Then I installed the Stainless Steel Guide Rod (and Captive Spring) Assembly for Ruger SR22 pistols by Galloway Precision, Amazon, $25 delivered, and all of my problems went away. With the Galloway assembly installed, this platform is now completely - absolutely - reliable and dependable, across all the same mags and across all the same ammo types (except that crappy Winchester white box stuff that is not worth the cardboard box it comes in).

So if you are interested in this new longer barrel SR22, you better hope that either Ruger has fixed their problem or that Galloway makes a longer guide rod assembly for this new platform. Else you will be left with a useless piece of garbage.

IMHO, I prefer the original shorter barrel unit. It is a very handy little platform.

Interesting, I bought an SR22 for my granddaughter and it has eaten everything, including a lot of dirty Thunder Bolts! I put over 300rnds of Thunder Bolts through it before cleaning it!
My granddaughter loves it! I'm the popular grandpa!:D

Love mine. Never a hick-up. No matter which ammo. Natural pointer and quite accurate up to 15yds. The only downside, it will not be powerful enough to defend against a big dog.

For that critter I recommend a snubbie in 50 BMG. In all seriousness, a 1000 lb brown bear was once taken with an Armalite-7 in 22LR, in Alaska. I saw the stuffed trophy in a hotel lobby in Anchorage a few years ago. Strange things can happen.

Ok, I stand corrected. You can kill a big dog, bear, etc. with a .22 but you need to hit it in the eyes, the ears, or between ribs. Pretty much anywhere with little or no bones. That can be a tall order when things are moving around in a vicious fight.

I had an SR.-22. Good little piece ate pretty much anything I fed her. It was just hard to find a place for a .22lr in my system.

Old thread, but...

That would be a really nice shooter!

I have the regular sized SR22 with the threaded barrel. Went to Tillamook range yesterday & I easily hit silhouette sized steel at 100yds...from standing.

At 30 yards I pinged 6" hanging gongs a bunch.

That says a lot given my experience, near none - 2nd time out with pistols.

Mine doesn't like a couple types of ammo, but seems to be loosening a bit. It didn't like Federal Automatch first time out, yesterday went thru it fine. Definitely doesn't like CCI velocitor, not sure if the bullets are getting deformed in the magazine, or when it cycles, but the bullet tips kept getting deformed & wouldnt chamber.

I'm not even going to try those again in it - would have been nice to use them in such a small tool.

My SR22 is my go to carry around the farm gun. I shoot the poo out of it, thousands of rounds over the last couple years. It seems to eat everything and is very dirty, I think I've cleaned it once. I like that it fits the hand like a carry gun I do tactical type drills with it for fun. It's really light, my kids love it. Not a tack driver but I think it could be. My rear sight came loose, then tightened itself back up. I can keep all 10 shots in a 1.5" circle @ 7 yds almost mag dumping, 10 shots in 4-5 seconds. It carries better than my Victory, my K17 or any of my other .22 revolvers.

Interesting, I bought an SR22 for my granddaughter and it has eaten everything, including a lot of dirty Thunder Bolts! I put over 300rnds of Thunder Bolts through it before cleaning it!
My granddaughter loves it! I'm the popular grandpa!:D
I was going to send mine to my GS in cally
Hahaha:eek:
NO WAY jose,we can't has no threaded barrels down here. What if my GS decided to go snipe stuff?o_O
So I bought him one over the phone down there.
I never had much problems with any ammo I can remember.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top