JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
it will be interesting to see if there is any backlash from leo's. it looks like there is a gps along with position of the gun when it is fired. no mention of using a fingerprint to let the gun be fired!!

it will be interesting to see if there is any backlash from leo's. it looks like there is a gps along with position of the gun when it is fired. no mention of using a fingerprint to let the gun be fired!!

Many will find a new line of work. Many that do not will be killed from failed equipment and glitches with mechanics and electronics.

but it is used in the name of safety so times like in Ferguson would not happen:D

What is there about the left that just has to destroy, maim and cripple anything and everything that is good in this country. A mental commitment should be placed on everyone that even considers voting for a democommie.
That comment may sound facetious, but there is near total truth in that statement and in many cases they don't even have a clue what they do, except they fall in line with the sheeple and lemmings headed for the cliffs.
Sucking everything they come in contact down with them.

That's why I put "not biometric" in the topic. It doesn't appear that this is one of those "only fire if you're the authorized user" foolishness. It is more like a black box to show what was happening with the firearm in the time leading up to the discharge.

elsie

That's why I put "not biometric" in the topic. It doesn't appear that this is one of those "only fire if you're the authorized user" foolishness. It is more like a black box to show what was happening with the firearm in the time leading up to the discharge.

elsie

Now that is really weird...... Does that one include a chip in the neck too ??
1984 is becoming like a Donald duck comic book in comparison to what invasive bs is happening now.
I really don't recognize my country any longer.

Anyone care to guess how long it would take to slide down the slippery slope from this technology on Police Officer's guns to mandates on every gun? California would pass it in three weeks. Just like their microprinting law.

elsie

Kinda like the military when ya have an officer in "fire control" to tell you if you can fire or to abort....?

Caveman
It will more likely lead to a "drone like" operator in the bowels of some building controlling the actual firing of the weapon. The officer will only serve as the carriage mechanism . . . The shootee will never see the face of the guy who actually pulls the trigger.

Sheldon

What is there about the left that just has to destroy, maim and cripple anything and everything that is good in this country. A mental commitment should be placed on everyone that even considers voting for a democommie.
That comment may sound facetious, but there is near total truth in that statement and in many cases they don't even have a clue what they do, except they fall in line with the sheeple and lemmings headed for the cliffs.
Sucking everything they come in contact down with them.

There's a big thick book written a long, long time ago mentioning something about locust swarms devouring everything of value that was in its path.... o_O

Eventually:
"They're coming at me HAL! Shoot, Shoot!!!"
"That does not compute, David."

Please contact: Federal Office of Software Flubs, District 4,097
at: 1-80000000-6496250634-864532910076543760
to report this glitch. Thank you, have a good day!

"HAL?"

Sigh...

Like I said before ... it is NOT a chip for "shoot/don't shoot" or "only this guy can shoot this gun". IT IS NOT THIS.

It is about whether or not the gun is in the holster, what angle, location (ie was it in the car), when it was fired, is it loaded and what not. Kind of like an airliner's black box.

From the article, it looks like they're interested in using them like police body cams, or, in a case like Ferguson, was it discharged in the car.

While I don't think I would want it as a permanent fixture, I think with some finer grained tweaking, it could determine if you're jerking the trigger or flinching when at the range.

elsie

Sigh...

Like I said before ... it is NOT a chip for "shoot/don't shoot" or "only this guy can shoot this gun". IT IS NOT THIS.

It is about whether or not the gun is in the holster, what angle, location (ie was it in the car), when it was fired, is it loaded and what not. Kind of like an airliner's black box.

From the article, it looks like they're interested in using them like police body cams, or, in a case like Ferguson, was it discharged in the car.

While I don't think I would want it as a permanent fixture, I think with some finer grained tweaking, it could determine if you're jerking the trigger or flinching when at the range.

elsie

Not even for that. There is too much intrusion into our lives and that trend needs to reverse itself.
In ALL things in our lives.
When every public official and government employee, including all elected officials right up to the Whitehouse, allows their emails and their locations and everything they do 24-7 to be out in front of the entire citizenry and their images in plain view of every monitor from cameras and such 24-7, then we'll think about some of it, but until that happens this trend must be reversed.

Naw, the sigh was for "the biometric safety has been discussed before (you can find the dead horse for that one over in the corner) and is almost universally known as a bad idea", let's talk about the potential uses of the telemetry (good or bad). But instead the discussion devolved immediately into the dead horse issue.

If I'd really wanted to talk about that, I would have necro'd the other thread.

elsie

Whether biometrics or telemetry, my concern would remain the same. How long would they be on cop guns before places like California and New York would be passing regulations to have them on all new guns sold in their states? I'm certain they'd love to be able to locate any gun at any time...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top