JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was pointed out in the article and by several members that the $40K for the truck was in no way a consideration for any damages resulting from the shooting by the LAPD. Yet folks kept commenting how that was a poor settlement and bringing in all sorts or rationalizations for such stupidity. I understand some people not understanding my post. It just strikes as similar to the P&VP rendering 'Factual' information about 'Assault rifles'. Not everybody takes time to read and fully understand what they are casting judgement (personal opinion) on. Even this thought was introduced by another poster, from which my post was a followup to.

Folks like to speak with authority about things they know nothing about. Stop bad mouthing the president and vice president, they are just acting like lots of folks on this board.

Even after the errors are pointed out to them

So where is your Insanity taking you Hook686? It almost sounds like you are ok with the paper lady getting shot by the LAPD. Oh and don't forget to follow the advice of YOUR Vice President to shoot your double barrel shotgun off of the back porch to scare away intruders. Absolutely top notched advice from a man in charge who isn't playing with a full deck of cards.

So where is your Insanity taking you Hook686? It almost sounds like you are ok with the paper lady getting shot by the LAPD. Oh and don't forget to follow the advice of YOUR Vice President to shoot your double barrel shotgun off of the back porch to scare away intruders. Absolutely top notched advice from a man in charge who isn't playing with a full deck of cards.

Nope not ok with the paper lady getting shot.

I'm ok with the $40K for the truck

Nope that is not the settlement as I note her lawyer stated that was not any release from damages resulting from this act. I expect she will get super big settlement from city.

I think suggestions she might be illegal is a real low brow post along the line of some of the current administrations comments about 2nd amendment supporters, as well as shoot the shotgun off the porch.

It seems to me you and a few others on this board have a very limited tolerance for understanding other points of view and seem to jump right into heavy duty judgements as the factual reality of some situations without really knowing it.

My insanity ? Perhaps, but I think your comment reflects on you.

Nope not ok with the paper lady getting shot.

I'm ok with the $40K for the truck

Nope that is not the settlement as I note her lawyer stated that was not any release from damages resulting from this act. I expect she will get super big settlement from city.

I think suggestions she might be illegal is a real low brow post along the line of some of the current administrations comments about 2nd amendment supporters, as well as shoot the shotgun off the porch.

It seems to me you and a few others on this board have a very limited tolerance for understanding other points of view and seem to jump right into heavy duty judgements as the factual reality of some situations without really knowing it.

My insanity ? Perhaps, but I think your comment reflects on you.

I know where my insanity is taking me. It's what gets me home each and every night.

I think what brought about (as you say) heavy duty judgements may have come from your words of defending our current presidential leaders. Neither the President and or his side kick kroney are very popular with the general populace of NWFA. There has been a lot of unwise and controversial decisions made by our current leadership which gets NWFA up in arms quite literally.

As for as staying on topic the paper lady who was shot and accepted a mere $40G's if that is all she gets then she settled for pennies. It is doubtful the lawsuits are finished and larger $$$ pay outs are in the future coming months/years for her. Legal/illegal immigrant I don't think it matters. She is a human being deserving the right to exist without prejudice.

Does my insanity reflect who I am? You bet it does!! So does yours and everyone else.

Cheers!!

First I did not defend the current president/vice president. If you, or anybody else read that into any of my posts, then all I can say is you misread my words and jumped to a false conclusion without further inquiry. This is the basis of my judgement regarding limited tolerance of other views. Sometimes all that is necessary is to listen without judgement. Agreement, or disagreement is optional and can easily be put in the form of stating a personal opinion in lieu of casting a negative judgement about the other person. Just my opinion. Simply a thought.

First I did not defend the current president/vice president. If you, or anybody else read that into any of my posts, then all I can say is you misread my words and jumped to a false conclusion without further inquiry. This is the basis of my judgement regarding limited tolerance of other views. Sometimes all that is necessary is to listen without judgement. Agreement, or disagreement is optional and can easily be put in the form of stating a personal opinion in lieu of casting a negative judgement about the other person. Just my opinion. Simply a thought.

Dude, REALLY!?! Did you not read your own post? You yourself said "Stop bad mouthing the President and the Vice President", if that is not defending them then what is? If you don't want people to misread your comments them perhaps explain yourself more clearly.

Oh and I am with samuelm16 "Feel Free to add me to your ignore list if my opinion offends you".

Dude, REALLY!?! Did you not read your own post? You yourself said "Stop bad mouthing the President and the Vice President",

I do not see that as defending anyone. I see that as pointing out common courteous behavior in a civilized community. 'Words do not mean, people mean' ... S.I. Hayakawa. One can always make inquiry of what was meant without jumping to a concluding judgement.

I do believe in 'different strokes for different folks', so you can believe what you wish. I will believe what I wish. The civil thing in my opinion is to be able to share ones belief without it becoming ridicule, condemnation and negative judgement. Perhaps that is not possible on these boards. When opinions are expressed as the absolute correct viewpoint I find it difficult to separate what is opinion and what is an expression of facts.

i read the article i have an opinion that when a civilian is shot buy cops and they are not screaming for justice and attention wich is the norm these days something isnt right, they deserve alot more than a truck in my opinion:) My wife had a spanish last name before i married her and forced her to take mine with mean white man strength :s0155:
Stone cold. hahaha.

My wife said, "Nuts to you" when I told her that she had my last name now.
Apparently my grandmother and Mother in Law didn't get the memo, because they now address letters to Mrs. Mata. ;)

The truck is just one part of the ladies being made whole, and per several different sources I've read, doesn't disallow them from pursuing a civil claim for the attack against them.

What I find very distressing though, is that there are ZERO criminal charges. Or if there are, I've not found mention of them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top