JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I went in to vote, one of the questions is "Are you an NRA member", being honest I answered yes. Votes will not be counted unless you get an email and confirm it. Never got the confirmation email.
Went back today and did the poll again except I answered that I was not an NRA member, the confirming email was in my inbox in seconds.....hmmmmm. I guess that's one way to silence the opposition.

http://www.newsmax.com/surveys/Shou...-Control-/id/120/kw/default/?dkt_nbr=3axstv4m

Try it and see what results you get!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Interesting......I just clicked the link and viewed the questions. The NRA question is not there but it does ask who you voted for in the last presidential election.

E

You guys inspired me! And I've also got a couple of questions of my own in there:

Your turn to talk: Newsmax has 'urgent' poll

Newsmax is today running what it says is an "urgent poll" to learn whether Americans support or oppose "President Obama's plans for stricter gun controls," while this column wants readers to answer a couple of other questions.

<broken link removed>

I keep an email or two around for these types of votes, just so I don't get their garbage emails in my main inbox. I voted and saw the results, which seem to be typical of these polls in that people don't want more gun control - couldn't grab a screenshot off my phone, but here's the current results for 2 of the questions:

Do you generally favor President Obama's calls for stricter gun control?

yes, I agree - 16,193 (20%)
no, I do not agree with him - 63,886 (80%)

Do you support special taxes on ammunition, making it more expensive to buy?

I oppose special taxes on ammo - 64,012 (80%)
I support special taxes on ammo - 16,097 (20%)

online polls mean nothing

almost all can be voted on several times

almost all are not worded or setup the way a good scientific poll should be

in fact, most polls are flawed

that doesn't mean I won't go vote on one just to chime in

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR