JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the way the news twists firearm related information. Imagine if they were to print the bio of someone on Northwest firearms:

Hi. I own a home in Portland, Oregon. I am a Blazer fan, and collect interesting firearms (stored responsibly). I am a recreational shooter, and enjoy posting with fellow enthusiasts. I am pro-civil rights, and a law abiding citizen. To save money, as well as for fun, I load my own ammunition.

As reported in the Oregonian:

Hi. I own a home in am entrenched in a bunker in Portland, Oregon. the heart of our community. I am a Blazer fan, have extremest views, and collect interesting firearms have a massive stock pile of assault AR-15 type, semi-automatic weapons. (stored responsibly). (in a hidden cache). I am a recreational shooter, train regularly in para-military tactics, and enjoy posting with fellow enthusiasts. in a communication network with other extremists. I am pro-civil rights, anti-government and a law abiding citizen. operate under the radar of the authorities. To save money, as well as for fun, I load my own ammunition. I have an ammunition factory, capable of supplying an unlimited amount of future terrorist plots.

Honestly, I'm glad I didn't bring up the suppressors that I legally own. Imagine what the news would make of that...:(

Last Edited:
At one of the firearms classes that I still occasionally teach, the instructors would bring their own guns or borrowed ones to demonstrate the different action types. One morning on the way to the class I thought to myself "I've got two bricks of .22 and a bunch of guns in my trunk. Just imagine if I get T-boned at the next intersection. The headline will probably read 'Injured man found with 6 rifles, 4 handguns and 1000 rounds of ammunition in car'." :rolleyes:

In addition to collecting firearms , I also have a extensive library at home , which has some books that have been banned at one point in time or another.
Wonder what kind of spin a "news reporter" could make of that? LOL
Andy

With two AR's [ Or OR's ''Obama rifles'' as I like the call them after there greatest salesman] and two 9mm pistols. Being called an arsenal!

Ya. We would all be found guilty in a court of public opinion.

And Andy. Get rid of that first addition ''Mein Kampf'' before you get the whole lot of us imprisoned! :s0140:

[As reported in the Oregonian:]

The Whoregonian is the local branch of the Ministry of Propaganda. What do you expect them to say, anyway?

Back when we were still taking the Sunday Whoregonian, I got in the habit of asking my wife if she had brought the latest pack of lies into the house on Sunday morning. Then I solved the problem by dropping my subscription.

Newspapers like this are in trouble because nobody trusts them any more.

"It is a melancholy truth, that a suppression of the press could not more completely deprive the nation of its benefits, than is done by its abandoned prostitution to falsehood. Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Another reason news outlets should be 100% fiscally and legally liable for delivering biased or partial or edited news to the public.

It isnt free speach when you deliver it as fact to the stupid masses. News outlets have to be accountable.

They've encouraged race riots, they've been caught editing the gentle giant story, Zimmerman, every shooting..etc.
I would start holding them accountable for the race riots they've encouraged and all the damage the riots caused.
Sure, it was stupid kids doing it, but instead of reporting the FULL story they only report the "victims" side, and on purpose.

When I still had my early AM warehouse job, you could tell media outlet brainwashing works, half my co workers all believed what the news told them, exactly how they told them it happened.
No one could look at any story objectively because they all assumed the news was 100% fact. It was infuriating.

"It isnt free speach when you deliver it as fact to the stupid masses. News outlets have to be accountable."

Actually, you are wrong. Free speech is saying anything you please. And you say "accountable"; accountable to whom? Government?

The market rules here. If people get a reputation for lying, others will stop listening to them.

"It isnt free speach when you deliver it as fact to the stupid masses. News outlets have to be accountable."

Actually, you are wrong. Free speech is saying anything you please. And you say "accountable"; accountable to whom? Government?

The market rules here. If people get a reputation for lying, others will stop listening to them.

That sounds good, Paul, but the blind believers are low hanging fruit for the left media. :(

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/MOCK/mockingbird.php

Don't trust the press you say? Curious thing. Posting this link above will most likely get me put onto a government database. Sadly. When you examine what that link spells out, and say to yourself NO F....in Way!!! and immediately run to Wikipedia, please remember 2 huge things.

1st) The Pentagon hires over 27,000-29,000 (paid by you) full time employees who's only job is to make things like this go away or if they can't bury it: change it so as not to look so bad. They spend somewhere between $4.7 and 15 Billion (with a B) dollars in 2009, it may be much more now, perhaps even less. (links you can start out with to examine this idea below, not the best ones, just quick ones to start the examination)
http://www.wired.com/2009/02/27000-work-in-p/
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
http://www.nku.edu/~turney/prclass/readings/government3.html

2nd huge point) When you run to Wikipedia to confirm the shock that is Operation Mockingbird, please remember that the folks at Wikipedia are not unbiased. "GASP".... true. I've seen them go back and forth editing each other opinions. Along the lines of "WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH OCEANIA AND WE HAVE NEVER BEEN AT WAR WITH OCEANIA". Back and forth, this way and then that way.

A person whom has actually seen facts with his (her) own eyes, will lose out to 27,000 Pentagon PR flacks (paid by you ) sitting by their computers for 8 hours a day changing and challenging someones eyewitness words. The thousands of paid flacks will win every time. Every time. Consider that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone. Consider over 27,000 PR folks working 8 hour days (and probably trying to get overtime as well) in the Pentagon alone. How many working for the other alphabet agencies and how many in other countries and large corporations? Might be as high as 50,000 - 100,000 employees who sole job it is to snow us, change history and lie through their teeth. Hard to say, but it would be interesting to see someone study that.

Some links to get you started on that thought:
http://www.naturalnews.com/051060_wikipedia_jimmy_wales_extortion_racket.html
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1924058/posts
http://peterkirby.com/wikipedia-the-house-that-bias-built.html
http://911blogger.com/news/2009-05-11/truth-according-wikipedia

The public trust of the media is at an all time low. They have little credibility for many, many reasons. I could go on for some time on many other tacks...but we all know. We know that the government influences them heavily on many levels in many ways. Listen to NPR? Where to you think their stories and info comes from? We know that they take corporate money to print articles. We know that individual journalists take money to publish lies so that large concerns can sway markets and make a killing the recent front page . The recent "GOLD IS GOING TO $250 PREDICTION where large buys were made for the next 2 weeks and it rose to nearly $1100 on those purchases and there was no recourse or investigation are an example). We know.

Every once in a while we have a Gary Webb show up with a peek of the truth. We tend not to believe folks like that. We do have 27,000 PR flacks calling him names and tearing him down after all, we tend to believe them as they dogpile so hard against anyone challenging their interests....hard to refute that kind of authority. But regardless, truth tellers don't last long. http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Alliance-Contras-Cocaine-Explosion/dp/1888363932

Our freedom is slipping away and we are letting it go, maybe even abetting it in some cases. Now "they" are successfully convincing us that guns are a bad thing which we would be better of without.

We know. We already know.

Last Edited:
Hey 45, thanks for that brilliant piece. I needed a good laugh today... Incessant rain and all.

Mind if I share this with friends (giving you credit)?:)

Truesbury_May31.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads