JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
mine never had that problem in the 2yrs I owned it. My guess is, it was from poorly adjusted triggers or some out they came out of adjustment or worn out. There is more to this than what is being said, and frankly I would venture a guess that its a load of BS. And the whole police thing, I would say that someone was trying to adjust the trigger and did a poor job. Looks like they are reaching for a story to keep up with the anti-gun rhetoric that the media likes to pinch off.

Isn't this old news? I seem to remember a lawsuit that the plaintiff had the safety on and pulled the trigger. Rifle did not fire, person pointed rifle at relative and flipped off the safety, rifle fired, killing said relative. Person sues Remington. I believe this happened years ago and the trigger design was changed. Relative still dead but the person did win some money from Remington.

Keep in mind that NBC has a rabid anti-gun agenda and will look for any tiny little thing that they can use to smear gun makers and owners. Their agenda with this program (I watched part of it) is to stir up a lot of class action lawsuits that they hope will destroy Remington.
Remington has made millions of the Model 700 and it's possible a few lemons slipped through (It happens to ALL products manufactured by ALL factories). I think overall that the Model 700 is a great rifle - and, at the present time I don't even own one!
A POX ON NBC!!!

I heard about this issue four or five years ago from a retired FBI firearms instructor during a safety briefing. The design is susceptible to the problem if debris, rust, or other material gets into the trigger mechanism. He mentioned the problem one of his people had because the guy had been using WD-40 instead of gun oil. He mentioned the sear and connector were coated with dried out WD-40 and discussed how the parts were no longer properly engaged due to the gunk.

After hearing about the the two different trigger mechanisms from Walker, the man who designed the whole thing, it's clear that his revised version was designed to correct something that he saw as a vulnerability with his original design. Whether it's improper assembly at the factory, improper maintenance by the end user, or just some debris that gets into the mechanism in the field, it is an issue and Remington should have followed his recommendation that he made before the rifle was released to the general market.

The show's bias comes in the presentation. It could have discussed how poor gun handling when combined with a mechanical problem compounds the danger. The show did a poor job of discussing the improper gun handling aspect. If the rifles had been pointed in a safe direction by their users, no one would have been in the line of fire when there was an Accidental Discharge. -That said, poor gun handling does not excuse the known issue which leads to the Accidental Discharge.

Wow, More than appears at this time to be biased, fooled me, and I thought this might be news as/ of a safety point. I have always thought they were tack drivers, since and before 1968 vietnam sniper usage to present..

Evidently "Big Green" has had some quality control issues along the line though. I see in the new issue of Rifle magazine, #255, that Kenny Jarrett had to quit using Rem Mdl 700 actions for his rifles due to quality concerns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top