Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

news from Las Vegas: he brought a sword to a....

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by chemist, Aug 19, 2012.

1. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Sword-Wielding Robber Killed at Vegas Dairy Queen - ABC News

That's a short story, eh?

Now imagine the alternative ending:
    Robber terrorizes and injures clerks and patrons; flees and eludes before crashing and causing more injuries; is shot and arrested by LE; is hospitalized until ready for transfer to jail; is assigned a Public Defender at arraignment; is housed and fed until trial a year later; is found guilty and sentenced to a lengthy and expensive prison stay; uses his time in stir to hone his skills and get his physique in shape.

And then is released to walk among the unsuspecting once more.

Any death is a tragedy, no doubt. But I still like the short version of this story better. Let's hope this story chills the hearts of those who might consider armed robbery a viable option for solving their money problems.

One thing is an absolute certainty: this robber will never again harm or threaten anyone.

2. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Amen. A (mostly) happy ending. I DO tend to wonder if this wasn't some jackass high on Meth or Crack or off his meds that couldn't have been helped by a sane system (not ours, it's not sane).

PSGWSP. But as you said, it beats the Hell out of a stabbed victim.

3. AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote Oh, I get around. New Member

When I get brain freeze from a DQ Blizzard, my instinct is to put DOWN the sword. But that's just me.

4. DCKilla

DCKilla Wet Side, WA Member

Hmmm, I can almost see Indiana Jones shooting that arab with the sword in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Burt Gummer, Riot, chemist and 3 others like this.
  5. AlphaCoyote

6. 1stIDFMP

1stIDFMP North of Salem, south of Portland Active Member

Was it one of those dreaded "Assault Swords"? Will they have bans on these? Will they start having a 15-day waiting period to purchase swords? So many questions, so little time.... :funnypoint:

7. Doctnt

Doctnt Beaverton Active Member

Live by the sword, die by the bullet... :paranoid:

Something else about bring a sword to a gun fight....

8. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I heard that was an "ad lib" and it went so well they added it! I do love that look he gives the camera, then the shrug and shooting!

9. deen_ad

:sword: :gun19:
    Of course Pak had a promising life ahead of him according to the story. They all do till they do something dumb! And naturally the newspapers can't wait to tell how good the criminal was before he went bad. It wasn't his fault, it's the shop owners gun that's at fault!

:lolbeat:

10. AlphaCoyote

When I read the story, I didn't get the "shop owner's gun at fault" angle. Seemed like a story about justifiable homicide and what a shame it was that this once-promising kid got himself into drugs and became so messed up as to get himself killed in a really stupid robbery attempt.

Misterbill and (deleted member) like this.
  11. deen_ad

Sorry, you missed the sarcasm!! I added some emoticons so it's clearer!

12. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Guessing he also got caught up with the wrong crowd but was working on turning his life around.

13. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Well, you have to ask yourself 'what action by a perp would get me to pull and fire my concealed weapon?'

I think some crazy with a frickin' sword in attack mode would meet the proper criteria LOL. Geezus.

Since it was a Middle Eastern family being attacked by a white aggressor that part was downplayed. If that were reversed, the attacker would be been described as a terrorist, crazy Jihadist or some BS. His picture would already be on the front page of USAtoday.

14. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

The Lebanese family that owns the DQ are seriously distraught according to the stories, but thank God that at least one had become a citizen and so was entitled to carry. Who knows how much tragedy was averted by this one guy who had his handgun with him.

Always carry. Never tell.