JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sword-Wielding Robber Killed at Vegas Dairy Queen - ABC News

Police say a clerk at a Las Vegas Dairy Queen shot and killed a sword-wielding, masked man who tried to rob the restaurant.

That's a short story, eh?

Now imagine the alternative ending:
Robber terrorizes and injures clerks and patrons; flees and eludes before crashing and causing more injuries; is shot and arrested by LE; is hospitalized until ready for transfer to jail; is assigned a Public Defender at arraignment; is housed and fed until trial a year later; is found guilty and sentenced to a lengthy and expensive prison stay; uses his time in stir to hone his skills and get his physique in shape.

And then is released to walk among the unsuspecting once more.

Any death is a tragedy, no doubt. But I still like the short version of this story better. Let's hope this story chills the hearts of those who might consider armed robbery a viable option for solving their money problems.

One thing is an absolute certainty: this robber will never again harm or threaten anyone.

Amen. A (mostly) happy ending. I DO tend to wonder if this wasn't some jackass high on Meth or Crack or off his meds that couldn't have been helped by a sane system (not ours, it's not sane).

PSGWSP. But as you said, it beats the Hell out of a stabbed victim.

:sword: :gun19:
Of course Pak had a promising life ahead of him according to the story. They all do till they do something dumb! And naturally the newspapers can't wait to tell how good the criminal was before he went bad. It wasn't his fault, it's the shop owners gun that's at fault!

:s0064:

Of course Pak had a promising life ahead of him according to the story. They all do till they do something dumb! And naturally the newspapers can't wait to tell how good the criminal was before he went bad. It wasn't his fault, it's the shop owners gun that's at fault!

When I read the story, I didn't get the "shop owner's gun at fault" angle. Seemed like a story about justifiable homicide and what a shame it was that this once-promising kid got himself into drugs and became so messed up as to get himself killed in a really stupid robbery attempt.

When I read the story, I didn't get the "shop owner's gun at fault" angle. Seemed like a story about justifiable homicide and what a shame it was that this once-promising kid got himself into drugs and became so messed up as to get himself killed in a really stupid robbery attempt.

Sorry, you missed the sarcasm!! I added some emoticons so it's clearer!

:sword: :gun19:

:s0064:

Guessing he also got caught up with the wrong crowd but was working on turning his life around.

Well, you have to ask yourself 'what action by a perp would get me to pull and fire my concealed weapon?'

I think some crazy with a frickin' sword in attack mode would meet the proper criteria LOL. Geezus.

Since it was a Middle Eastern family being attacked by a white aggressor that part was downplayed. If that were reversed, the attacker would be been described as a terrorist, crazy Jihadist or some BS. His picture would already be on the front page of USAtoday.

The Lebanese family that owns the DQ are seriously distraught according to the stories, but thank God that at least one had become a citizen and so was entitled to carry. Who knows how much tragedy was averted by this one guy who had his handgun with him.

Always carry. Never tell.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top