JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am off the Citizen Free Press, due to "click bait" headline use.

Examples:
Very interesting AR-15 story…
That didn't take long, Trudeau…
Gun-grabbing surprise ruling…

Give me a reason to follow the link - especially if I don't get a summary.
Same reason I don't read some threads here on NWFA

Not sure if there is any un biased news. to be honest, i bet the stuff coming off the patriot press is about as unbiased as anything from the Huff post, or MSNBC. Biased is biased regardless of the slant it has.

I miss the days when there was real news, not some talking heads version of it :(

I'm surprised nobody is mentioning Gab Trends

"Gab Trends is the first people-powered newsroom. Using data from Gab's free speech software products, Gab Trends provides a realtime pulse on what the internet is discussing right now.

Gab Trends decentralizes news discovery away from gatekeepers and creates a level playing field for mainstream, alternative, and citizen journalists to share their story with the world."

Trends | People-Powered News

TLD. Is formatted like drudge, but is conservative. Drudge went way too far left so I basically added it to my ignore list. I also like Whatfinger.com but it's really cluttered and annoying to scroll through.

In general, when sharing stories on NWFA, which site or sties are best? IMO Best = Most accurate, most complete, least alarmist.

Interactive Chart of sources - zoom in and click around before passing judgement on the chart.

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/interactive-media-bias-chart-2/

At first I was concern that the top dead center would be teh Washington Post. But this is just one single article on Pigeon Racing - therefore
Back to my point about clicking around before any poo-pooing.

1607631253276.png

There is also a dialog you can use to check on your favoritess
example: The Oregonian. SeattlePI. Mercury News. Al Jezzera.

1607631523018.png

see also thread ( just to tie into this thread)

Update May 2021

First, never use Google to search. It does two evil things. First, it mines your searches to use them for saleable purposes. You become the product. Second, it rarely allows you to find anything by any conservative source. Breitbart News has been a frequent victim of Google's bias. Dr. Robert Epstein of the American Institute for Behavioral Research and Technology showed how Google manipulated its search results and messages with the effect of switching around six million votes from Trump to Biden. If you use Gmail, stop. Reagan.com is just one of many email providers available for you.

I know of two non-tracking and non-censoring search engines: DuckDuckGo and StartPage. Both are excellent, and neither sends a single byte of data to the Masters of the Universe.

The next task is finding news. The gorilla in the room is Breitbart. It has two problems. The first is that, while it is generally a good source, it clearly pushes its product in the conservative direction. The second is that its website is formatted like a tabloid. If you want straight news, try Just the News or One America News Network. Newsmax and Fox are generally good, but neither sticks to straight news very well. The Epoch Times or the Wall Street Journal may also suit you. You may have to search for what you want. News aggregators such as The Liberty Daily, Citizen Free Press, Populist Press, and Conservative Playlist may have what you're looking for.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top