JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We had a great weekend in Newport chasing halibut and rockfish.
The weather was great!
The first pic is of the Rockfish. Left to right are the lingcod, cabezon (my favorite), black rockfish and the kelp greenling.
We limited out on the lings and cabbies.
Second is the the Halibut. They ranged from 37" to 50." The wind was blowing pretty good at the dock, so they were literally spinning on the hangbar.

The last shot is of our buddy Steve, the boat owner that took us out, holding the middle sized cabezon.

Processing all this fish is a lot like work! My hands are prunes, but I can't quit 'til its all done. I must be out of practice, a couple of years ago I'd have been done by now.

DSCN1746.jpg

DSCN1766.jpg

DSCN1749.jpg

I have a friend who went on robs charter that weekend, They maxed out also. Although he said he ended up working cause they have been long time fishermen colleagues. He complained but I know he really enjoyed helping. Fish on!

Nice haul. We were at the same dock about a month ago and my nephew has his boat stored acrossed the street. We ended up with 6 butts in the boat and a number of rock fish. We will be back down at the end of the month for Tuna(hopefully) and I will be there on-n-off for 6 weeks. A week or so before I went down they pulled <broken link removed> off the bottom, all 115LBS.

:cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top