JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all, I will be going to the coast this weekend with my spouse and will be going to the newport aquarium. Does anyone know from experience if the aquarium is a no ccw zone? do they have metal detectors or anything? rather just have it locked up in my car safe if they do. Thanks! have a great weekend!

Last time I was there, they had no metal detectors and no signs. This was 4 years ago on my birthday. Got in for free, had a good time and got a free picture of my and the wife for a birthday gift. I was carrying the whole time.

Was there not to long ago never saw anything the place needs visitors to stay in business would be a bad move to alienate anyone. I have been there in summer and seen the parking lot nearly vacant.
Fun place though, I like that 50's restaurant if its still there in New Port.

Flashbacks Fountain and Grill.

d9HPa0iOar4iGLeJe7eb4F-flashbacks-fountain-and-640x480.JPG

flashbacks-fountain-grill.jpg

I've carried at the Aquarium probably half a dozen times - no detectors, no pat downs. Just carry and stay concealed and you're good to go.

I've carried there many times without a problem. It can be crowded at times so I tried to be conscious of that to make sure that people didn't bump it.
Have fun. It should be a beautiful weekend

I'll echo th above responses... As of last September, there was no metal detectors. It'll be busy, so as has been mentioned, protect yourself from being bumped into...

Otherwise, relax and enjoy... I'll have to check out Flashback's next time we go!

I found this thread helpful as I had the same question today. I visited the Aquarium today with my family and carried concealed the whole time. No detectors, no printing, no problem. :)

Thought it may be nice to have a more recent update. Thanks guys.

Quite timely. This week, I work. The next, me and the beloved will be engaging delightfully wacky adult shenanigans in at least a couple different venues. The week after that, we will be heading to the coast so the potato-headed types can experience the dunes, ocean, and see the aquarium. Naturally, the two big people plan to pack where-ever possible. :s0155:

That's interesting because in the "Code of conduct" on the Aquariums website it says weapons (specifically including firearms and ammunition) are "strictly prohibited"

View attachment 606072

Who knows. Dude next to me in line had an XD on his hip the entire time. The staff either didn't want to talk to him or their heads are up their fourth point of contact.

I had a Glock 17 and an extra magazine on me, but it was all concealed.

Leave it to a Jarhead... :p

Newport was our last family vacation before my grandmother had to go into a nursing home, back around 2012 IIRC. If Flashbacks and Abby's Pizza are still now as they were then they'd be worth going back for.

JARHEAD?!! o_O:s0118:

Pay attention, son... GO ARMY!! :cool:

Yes, Abby's pizza is genuine "old school" AWESOMENESS... There's one less than 2 miles from our house, Friday night we had take away from there for dinner.

I don't think you need to be concerned unless you plan to go there and Free Willy.

Doncha remember? They already did that, spent MILLIONS transporting him back to the fjords where he came from, kept him in a pen until he acclimated, released him back to the wild and danced around and patted themselves on the back feeling all morally superior.... then shortly thereafter, it died. Apparently it caught some virus, "but gosh-darn it we're good people".

:rolleyes:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews