JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
xar-840x420.jpg

The Next Big Thing In AR-15s Just Happened At The NRA Annual Meeting

I'm thinking I need one of these!! What are your guys thoughts?

Neat.
I bet it costs way more that a LAW Tactical folding stock.
Looks like you can't fold it with a round in the chamber.
Seems like a folding stock would be better for a pistol and this would be better for a rifle, assuming you want the shortest package possible when folded.

Seems to me it would be a sweet deal.
Compact enough to put in your BOB and or your back pack for different situations.

Biggest advantage over a pistol is you wouldn't loose accuracy over longer distances. ;)

Neat.
I bet it costs way more that a LAW Tactical folding stock.
Looks like you can't fold it with a round in the chamber.
Seems like a folding stock would be better for a pistol and this would be better for a rifle, assuming you want the shortest package possible when folded.
Why not both?

I like the rear sight and front sight [Or scope]to both be mounted to the barrel section of any break down rifle.
I do not trust that AR to hit the same point of impact every time you refasten the barrel.

Winchester and browning both do it that way. And for a reason.

Now you could turn that cantilevered scope mount around and fasten it to the barrel portion.
Or one like it, but long enough to give you proper eye relief.

But then you don't save much length?
Still. You might if the front barrel section came completely free of the receiver? At least to fit it in a carry bag.

DSCN2125.JPG

sa22scopes.jpg

I like the rear sight and front sight [Or scope]to both be mounted to the barrel section of any break down rifle.
I do not trust that AR to hit the same point of impact every time you refasten the barrel.
It depends on the design. I've taken the barrel off of my AUG and put it back without losing zero.

Winchester and browning both do it that way. And for a reason.

Now you could turn that cantilevered scope mount around and fasten it to the barrel portion.
Or one like it, but long enough to give you proper eye relief.

But then you don't save much length?
Still. You might if the front barrel section came completely free of the receiver? At least to fit it in a carry bag.

View attachment 360893

View attachment 360896

There is a video in the link where the guy breaks it down and then shoots it again. Seems pretty accurate. Granted I totally get your point and agree. My guess is it is better with the scope but with open sights it might make a difference. o_O

There is a video in the link where the guy breaks it down and then shoots it again. Seems pretty accurate. Granted I totally get your point and agree. My guess is it is better with the scope but with open sights it might make a difference. o_O

he shoots it at a gong plate at 300 yds with a 6.5 Creedmore round. Doesn't really tell us if the POI changed less than 2moa which wouldn't be what I would expect from a 6.5... ?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top